Autodesk Vault Professional brings these benefits to AutoCAD Plant:
- Local workspace – You no longer keep your working files on a network share. You modify vault projects files in your local workspace folder and synchronize them to the vault.
- Check-in and check-out document management – The Project Manager is fully integrated with Autodesk Vault. The Project Manager prompts you to check out files as you work.
- Automatic file versions – You can view or restore the previous revision of a file.
- Master project database – Vault projects use SQL Server for the project database. The master database is always synchronized to match the files that are checked in to the vault.
- User authentication and access control – Administrators can manage access to a vault project using the Autodesk Data Management Console. You can easily set up user accounts and assign roles for each vault.
- Replication – Everyone across a distributed network can access to the current files.