As of March 22, 2018, AutoCAD Architecture is now included with AutoCAD subscription.
By subscribing to new release AutoCAD, customers will now have access to the capabilities of multiple AutoCAD vertical toolsets, including Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical, Map 3D, MEP, Raster Design and Plant 3D. The new AutoCAD will be referred to as “AutoCAD including specialised toolsets”.
Create architectural drawings, documentation, and schedules quickly and easily. AutoCAD® Architecture software has design and documentation features that help automate drafting tasks, reduce errors, and increase efficiency.
- Create Type – Draw regular shapes quickly and accurately.
- Roof grip editing – Create and modify roof outlines with more control.
- Architectural renovation – Design and produce renovations more quickly.
- Preview architectural object styles – Confirm wall, door, and window styles before adding.
- Walls, doors, and windows – Mimic real-world behavior and construction.
- Integrated rendering – Create full-color 3D renderings.R
- eal-time Fillet/Chamfer changes – Command Preview shows changes as you make them.
- AutoCAD mobile app – View, create, edit, and share DWG™ drawings on mobile devices.
- TrustedDWG™ technology – Share and save design data.
- Project Navigator Check Out – Make changes to a project without affecting the team.
- Project Navigator Check In – Automatically notify the team of a new version.
- Industry Foundation Class (IFC) support – Supports buildingSMART certification.
- PDF support – Share, search, and reuse designs easily.
- Edit live section – Edit objects in section or elevation view
- Styles browser (enhanced) – The Content library supports directories and A360.
- Sections and elevations (enhanced) – Edit Xrefs when editing live sections, and more.
- Color-coded version differentiation – Visual Compare shows differences between versions.
- Automated property set definitions – Define property sets for easier quantity takeoffs.
- Wall dimensioning – Dimension to your own standards.
- Space tagging and documentation – Tag every room in your architectural drawing.
- Room documentation – Apply multiple finishes to a surface.
- Architectural drawing creation and annotation – Annotate drawings more quickly.
- Annotation and unit scaling – Easily scale tags, text, and objects.
- Easier style access – Browse libraries of object styles.
- Streamlined user interface – Get easy access to tools and commands.
- Customized scheduling – Adjust schedule styles to meet your standards.
- Easy changes to block instances – Change block instances easily.
- Display order by layer – Order layers and objects, and preview changes.
|System requirements for AutoCAD Architecture 2018|
Note: AutoCAD Architecture 2018 is not supported on the 32-bit version of Windows 10
|CPU Type||32-bit: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) processor
64-bit: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 64-bit (x64) processor(See section above for supported operating systems)
|Memory||32-bit: 2 GB (3 GB recommended)
64-bit: 4 GB (8 GB recommended)
|Display Resolution||Conventional Displays:
1360 x 768 (1920 x 1080 recommended) with True ColorHigh Resolution & 4K Displays:
Resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 supported on Windows 10, 64 bit systems (with capable display card)
Windows display adapter capable of 1920 x 1080 with True Color capabilities and DirectX® 9 ¹. DirectX 11 compliant card recommended.
High Resolution & 4K Displays:
¹ DirectX 9 recommended by supported OS
|Disk Space||Installation 10.0 GB|
|Browser||Windows Internet Explorer® 11 or later|
Deployment via Deployment Wizard.
The license server and all workstations that will run applications dependent on network licensing must run TCP/IP protocol.
Either Microsoft® or Novell TCP/IP protocol stacks are acceptable. Primary login on workstations may be Netware or Windows.
In addition to operating systems supported for the application, the license server will run on the Windows Server® 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2008 R2 Server editions.
Citrix® XenApp™ 7.6, Citrix® XenDesktop™ 7.6.
|Pointing Device||MS-Mouse compliant|
|Media (DVD)||Download or installation from DVD|
|ToolClips Media Player||Adobe Flash Player v22 or up|
|.NET Framework||.NET Framework Version 4.6|
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world.Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Multi User: For medium to large organizations requiring many users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
A new option, Create Type, appears when you add architectural building objects such as walls, curtain walls, railings, slabs, and roof slabs. This lets you draw regular shapes much faster and more accurately. You can easily create these objects as a rectangle, circle, polygon or free-form polyline.
Roof grip editing
Architects can now create and modify roof outlines with more control using grips. When you add a vertex, both edges will have the same properties as the initial edge. A straight edge can be turned into an arc, and existing segments can be offset. When you remove a vertex, the properties of the lower-numbered edge will be used on the resulting edge.
Edit live section
Easily adjust a design in Section or Elevation view. This streamlined process removes many previous manual actions. You can easily modify objects in the current drawing or in any level of Xref.