AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset now Inlcuded with AutoCAD
Design faster with an industry-specific toolset for mechanical engineering, including 700,000+ intelligent parts and features.
Update geometry automatically when changes occur. Minimise manual redraws.
700,000+ standard parts and features
Produce accurate drawings with standard components.
Machinery generators and calculators
Efficiently analyse designs, including shaft, spring, belt, chain and cam generators.
Document 3D CAD models
Detail native Inventor part and assembly models.
Reusable mechanical drawing detailing tools
Use intelligent drafting tools made for mechanical design.
Custom content library and publishing
Create and save custom content.
Command preview and contextual menus
Preview fillet, chamfer and offset commands.
AutoCAD mobile app
Take the power of AutoCAD wherever you go.
Smart mechanical engineering dimensions
Create dimensions using abbreviated dialogue boxes.
Support for international drafting standards
Deliver standards-based design documentation.
Associative balloons and bills of materials
Create automated part lists and BOMs.
Automate common design tasks while simplifying drawing documentation with powerful features in AutoCAD® Mechanical software that help you to produce more accurate, consistent drawings and increase productivity with a new 700,000 standard parts library that reduces the need to draw many mechanical designs from scratch.
- Screws, nuts, and washers
- Pins, rivets, and bushings
- Plugs, lubricators, and sealing rings
- Bearing and shaft components
- Structural steel shapes
- Through, tapped, blind, and oblong holes
- Undercuts, keyways, and thread ends
Save time by easily re-editing features without having to remove and re-create the original feature. New reusable mechanical drawing detailing tools include:
- Detail views—create linked views at different scales
- Hole charts—Automatically update charts for the shop floor
- Title and revision blocks—English and metric versions are available
Spend less time on repetitive tasks and more time creating with tools that automate common processes and help improve efficiency:
- Layer management system places items on the correct layer, with correct color and line type, as you work.
- Eliminate the need for time-consuming redrawing with hidden lines that update as you make changes.
- Create parts according to your specifications and save time when building mechanisms manually with new machinery generators and calculators. Reports and analytics for the designs are provided as you work and make changes.
- Quickly access files, blocks, line types, and styles with Content Explorer, which creates an index of data based on where you instruct it to look.
- Create multiple dimensions with minimal input.
- Abbreviated dialog boxes and smart dimensioning tools force overlapping dimensions to automatically space themselves more appropriately.
Collaborate more easily and productively with:
- Part publishing support for custom parts that allows you to create and share custom parts within your organization.
- Automated and associative parts lists and BOMs (bills of material) that update as you make design changes, helping you keep team members updated and on-task throughout.
- Content manager live update allows you to get live updates to your standard parts library and optionally, those within your drawings.
|System requirements for AutoCAD 2020 including Specialized Toolsets (Windows)|
|Processor||Basic: 2.5–2.9 GHz processor
Recommended: 3+ GHz processor
Multiple processors: Supported by the application
|Memory||Basic: 8 GB
Recommended: 16 GB
|Display Resolution||Conventional Displays:
1920 x 1080 with True ColorHigh Resolution & 4K Displays:
Resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 supported on Windows 10, 64-bit systems (with capable display card)
|Display Card||Basic: 1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant
Recommended: 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant
|Disk Space||6.0 GB|
|Browser||Google Chrome™ (for AutoCAD web app)|
|Network||Deployment via Deployment Wizard.The license server and all workstations that will run applications dependent on network licensing must run TCP/IP protocol.
Either Microsoft® or Novell TCP/IP protocol stacks are acceptable. Primary login on workstations may be Netware or Windows.
In addition to operating systems supported for the application, the license server will run on the Windows Server® 2016, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2 editions.
|Pointing Device||MS-Mouse compliant|
|.NET Framework||.NET Framework Version 4.7 or later*DirectX11 recommended by supported OS|
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world.Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Multi User: For medium to large organizations requiring many users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
Benefits of the Mechanical toolset
In this study, the Mechanical toolset boosted productivity by 55%*, bringing dramatic time savings to common AutoCAD® mechanical design tasks.