As of March 22, 2018, AutoCAD MEP is now included with AutoCAD subscription.
By subscribing to new release AutoCAD, customers will now have access to the capabilities of multiple AutoCAD vertical toolsets, including MEP, Electrical, Architecture, Mechanical, Map 3D, Raster Design and Plant 3D. The new AutoCAD will be referred to as “AutoCAD including specialised toolsets”.
AutoCAD MEP software automates drafting and documentation tasks to help mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) designers and drafters create more accurate construction documentation.
- AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture support – Work on flat 2D or geometric floor plans.
- Automatic space and zone calculation – Calculate room measurements automatically.
- IFC data support – Create, manage, and share design data.
- Web-based help and learning tools – Stay informed with tips and tricks and other content.
- AutoCAD 360 Pro = View, create, edit, and share DWG™ drawings on mobile devices.
Construction & content
- Revision cloud – Get a consistent appearance in views.
- Section and elevation (enhanced) – Edit Xrefs when editing live sections and refresh upon opening.
- Documentation – Create, rationalize, and document 2D views.
- Integrated content search – Easily find design files, objects, and content.
- AutoCAD block and symbol conversion – Batch-convert single or multiple blocks.
- Drawing management – Create and manage MEP project drawing sheet sets.
- Parallel routing improvements – Select routing preferences for objects, then automatically connect parallel objects.
Productivity & usability
- Style Browser (enhanced) – Get more MEP components; add folders to the Content Library.
- Assigning circuits – Change the circuit for a given set of devices.
- Elbow duct fittings – Choose the type of elbow that best fits your design.
- Automated property set definitions – Complete quantity takeoff calculations.
- Annotation and unit scaling – Objects and text change along with drawing units.
- Display order by layer – Set an order for layers and preview your changes.
- Block swap – Make changes to components as your design changes.
- Point clouds – Use point cloud data for renovation projects.
- Status bar – Get Display Configuration and Cut Plane tools.
- UI Finder – Locate frequently used commands from within Help.
|System requirements for AutoCAD MEP 2018|
Note: AutoCAD MEP 2018 is not supported on the 32-bit version of Windows 10
|CPU Type||32-bit: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) processor
64-bit: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 64-bit (x64) processor(See section above for supported operating systems)
|Memory||32-bit: 2 GB (3 GB recommended)
64-bit: 4 GB (8 GB recommended)
|Display Resolution||Conventional Displays:
1360 x 768 (1920 x 1080 recommended) with True ColorHigh Resolution & 4K Displays:
Resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 supported on Windows 10, 64 bit systems (with capable display card)
|Display Card||Windows display adapter capable of 1920 x 1080 with True Color capabilities and DirectX® 9 ¹. DirectX 11 compliant card recommended.
High Resolution & 4K Displays:
¹ DirectX 9 recommended by supported OS
|Disk Space||Installation 12.0 GB|
|Browser||Windows Internet Explorer® 11 or later|
|Network||Deployment via Deployment Wizard.
The license server and all workstations that will run applications dependent on network licensing must run TCP/IP protocol.
Either Microsoft® or Novell TCP/IP protocol stacks are acceptable. Primary login on workstations may be Netware or Windows.
In addition to operating systems supported for the application, the license server will run on the Windows Server® 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2008 R2 Server editions.
Citrix® XenApp™ 7.6, Citrix® XenDesktop™ 7.6.
|Pointing Device||MS-Mouse compliant|
|Media (DVD)||Download or installation from DVD|
|ToolClips Media Player||Adobe Flash Player v22 or up|
|.NET Framework||.NET Framework Version 4.6|
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world.Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Multi User: For medium to large organizations requiring many users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
Section and elevation (enhanced)
Edit Xrefs when editing live sections and refresh upon opening.
Style Browser (enhanced)
Get more MEP components; add folders to the Content Library.
Change the circuit for a given set of devices.