AutoCAD MEP now Included with AutoCAD
Draft, design and document building systems with an industry-specific toolset for MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing).
AutoCAD MEP software automates drafting and documentation tasks to help mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) designers and drafters create more accurate construction documentation.
- AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture support – Work on flat 2D or geometric floor plans.
- Automatic space and zone calculation – Calculate room measurements automatically.
- IFC data support – Create, manage, and share design data.
- Web-based help and learning tools – Stay informed with tips and tricks and other content.
- AutoCAD 360 Pro = View, create, edit, and share DWG™ drawings on mobile devices.
Construction & content
- Revision cloud – Get a consistent appearance in views.
- Section and elevation (enhanced) – Edit Xrefs when editing live sections and refresh upon opening.
- Documentation – Create, rationalize, and document 2D views.
- Integrated content search – Easily find design files, objects, and content.
- AutoCAD block and symbol conversion – Batch-convert single or multiple blocks.
- Drawing management – Create and manage MEP project drawing sheet sets.
- Parallel routing improvements – Select routing preferences for objects, then automatically connect parallel objects.
Productivity & usability
- Style Browser (enhanced) – Get more MEP components; add folders to the Content Library.
- Assigning circuits – Change the circuit for a given set of devices.
- Elbow duct fittings – Choose the type of elbow that best fits your design.
- Automated property set definitions – Complete quantity takeoff calculations.
- Annotation and unit scaling – Objects and text change along with drawing units.
- Display order by layer – Set an order for layers and preview your changes.
- Block swap – Make changes to components as your design changes.
- Point clouds – Use point cloud data for renovation projects.
- Status bar – Get Display Configuration and Cut Plane tools.
- UI Finder – Locate frequently used commands from within Help.
|System requirements for AutoCAD 2020 including Specialized Toolsets (Windows)|
|Processor||Basic: 2.5–2.9 GHz processor
Recommended: 3+ GHz processor
Multiple processors: Supported by the application
|Memory||Basic: 8 GB
Recommended: 16 GB
|Display Resolution||Conventional Displays:
1920 x 1080 with True ColorHigh Resolution & 4K Displays:
Resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 supported on Windows 10, 64-bit systems (with capable display card)
|Display Card||Basic: 1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant
Recommended: 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant
|Disk Space||6.0 GB|
|Browser||Google Chrome™ (for AutoCAD web app)|
|Network||Deployment via Deployment Wizard.The license server and all workstations that will run applications dependent on network licensing must run TCP/IP protocol.
Either Microsoft® or Novell TCP/IP protocol stacks are acceptable. Primary login on workstations may be Netware or Windows.
In addition to operating systems supported for the application, the license server will run on the Windows Server® 2016, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2 editions.
|Pointing Device||MS-Mouse compliant|
|.NET Framework||.NET Framework Version 4.7 or later*DirectX11 recommended by supported OS|
Additional Requirement (Windows Only)
- AutoCAD MEP – Disk Space: 12GB
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world.Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Multi User: For medium to large organizations requiring many users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
AutoCAD MEP features
Change the circuit for a given set of devices. (video: 1.22 min.)
Section and elevation
Edit Xrefs when editing live sections and refresh upon opening. (video: 1.52 min.)
Get more MEP components; add folders to the Content Library. (video: 1.16 min.)
When you subscribe to AutoCAD you get access to AutoCAD vertical products and libraries – now referred to as specialised toolsets – plus web and mobile apps, new features and more.