Better workflows. Boosted productivity.
Architects, engineers, and designers rely on Autodesk® AutoCAD® to work smarter. Subscribe to AutoCAD to access seamless workflows, specialised industry toolsets, and new automations to help you achieve the ultimate productivity in 2D and 3D design.
Get powerhouse performance, visualise Xref changes, enhanced Blocks capabilities, and version control to take your designs to the next level. When you’re not in the office, stay connected to your work with the included AutoCAD web and mobile apps to design anytime, anywhere, on any device.
Built for the way you work. Built for the future.
Work faster with specialised toolsets
AutoCAD now includes industry-specific features and intelligent objects for architecture, mechanical engineering, electrical design, and more.
- Automate floor plans, sections, and elevations
- Draw piping, ducting, and circuiting quickly with parts libraries
- Auto-generate annotations, layers, schedules, lists, and tables
- Use a rules-driven workflow to accurately enforce industry standards
- AutoCAD web app – Create, edit and view CAD drawings from any device through the browser.
- AutoCAD mobile app – Create, edit and view CAD drawings on your mobile device.
- Save to web and mobile – Save drawings from your desktop to view and edit on the AutoCAD web and mobile apps, Xrefs included.
- Shared views – Publish design views of your drawing in a web browser for viewing and commenting.
2D drafting, drawing, and annotation
- Text settings – Create single or multiline text (mtext) as a single text object. Format the text, columns, and boundaries.
- Smart dimensioning – Create dimensions automatically. Pass the cursor over selected objects to get a preview before you create it.
- Leaders – Create leaders with a variety of content, including text or blocks. Easily format leader lines, and define styles.
- Smart centerlines and center marks – Create and edit centerlines and center marks that automatically move when you move the associated objects.
- Tables – Create tables with data & symbols in rows & columns, apply formulas, and link to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Revision clouds – Draw revision clouds around new changes in a drawing to quickly identify your updates.
- Layouts – Specify the size of your drawing sheet, add a title block, and display multiple views of your model.
- Layout viewports – Create layout viewports to display different elements of your design at varying scales.
- Fields – Use fields in text objects to display text that can be updated automatically as the field value changes.
- Data linking – Enable simultaneous updates by creating a live link between a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and a table in your drawing.
- Data extraction – Extract information from objects, blocks, and attributes, including drawing information.
- Parametric constraints – Apply geometric and dimensional constraints to maintain relationships between drawing geometry.
- Express tools – Extend the power of AutoCAD with a collection of productivity tools.
3D modeling and visualisation
- Solid, surface, and mesh modeling – Create realistic 3D models of your design using a combination of solid, surface, and mesh modeling tools.
- 3D navigation (orbit, ViewCube, wheel) – Use 3D viewing and navigation tools to orbit, swivel, walk, and fly around a 3D model to showcase your design.
- Visual styles – Apply visual styles to control the display of edges, lighting, and shading of your 3D model.
- Section planes – Create section planes to display cross-sectional views through solids, surfaces, meshes, or regions.
- Photorealistic rendering – Apply lighting and materials to give your 3D models a realistic appearance and to help communicate your designs.
- 3D scanning and point clouds – Attach point cloud files acquired by 3D laser scanners or other technologies to create 3D representations.
- Base, projected, and section views – Generate 2D drawings including base, projected, section, and detail views from 3D models.
- Print Studio – Print Studio provides the tools needed to prepare models for supported 3D printers and materials.
- PDF and DGN import/export/underlay – Share and reuse data from PDF and DGN files by importing, exporting, or attaching them as underlays.
- DWG and image references – Attach drawings and images to your current drawing as externally referenced files.
- Sheet set manager – View, access, manage, and plot multiple drawings as sheet sets.
- Reference Navisworks models – Attach and view Navisworks models as underlays to your AutoCAD drawings.
- Import 3D models – Import maps, parts, and assemblies from applications including CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, and others.
- Geographic location and online maps – Insert geographic location information into a drawing, and display a map in the drawing from an online map service.
Installation and customisation
- TrustedDWG technology – TrustedDWG™ technology lets you know of a possible incompatibility when a file was not last saved by an Autodesk software.
- Migration tool – Migrate your custom settings and files from previous releases.
- CUI customisation – Customise the user interface to improve accessibility and reduce the number of steps for frequent tasks.
- Secure load – Specify security restrictions for running executables in AutoCAD to help protect against malicious executable code.
- Action recorder – Record commands and input values that can be played back as an action macro.
- Multi-user (network) license sharing – Pool licenses on a server to reduce costs when not all licenses are in use at the same time.
- Sysvar monitor – Monitor current system variables against a preferred list of values. Notification balloons alert you of deviations.
- Tools for managing CAD standards – Define and monitor CAD standards to maintain consistent styles for layers, linetypes, text, and dimensions.
- Autodesk App Store – Customize your software with Autodesk-approved extensions from the Autodesk App Store.
- Autodesk desktop app – Get alerts and install software updates without disrupting your workflow. View tutorials about new features.
|System requirements for AutoCAD 2021 including Specialized Toolsets (Windows)|
|Operating System||64-bit OS that follows Autodesk’s Product Support Lifecycle policy.|
|Processor||Basic: 2.5–2.9 GHz processor
Recommended: 3+ GHz processor
Multiple processors: Supported by the application
|Memory||Basic: 8 GB
Recommended: 16 GB
|Display Resolution||Conventional Displays:
1920 x 1080 with True ColorHigh Resolution & 4K Displays:
Resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 supported on Windows 10, 64-bit systems (with capable display card)
|Display Card||Basic: 1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant
Recommended: 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant
|Disk Space||7.0 GB|
|Network||Deployment via Deployment Wizard.
The license server and all workstations that will run applications dependent on network licensing must run TCP/IP protocol.
Either Microsoft® or Novell TCP/IP protocol stacks are acceptable. Primary login on workstations may be Netware or Windows.
In addition to operating systems supported for the application, the license server will run on Windows® Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2019 editions.
|Pointing Device||MS-Mouse compliant|
|.NET Framework||.NET Framework version 4.8 or later|
|System requirements for AutoCAD for Mac 2020|
|Operating System||Apple® macOS® Catalina v10.15
Apple macOS Mojave v10.14
Apple macOS High Sierra v10.13
|Model||Basic: Apple Mac Pro® 4.1, MacBook Pro® 5.1, iMac® 8.1, Mac mini® 3.1, MacBook Air® MacBook® 5.1
Recommended: Apple Mac® models supporting Metal Graphics Engine
|CPU Type||64-bit Intel CPU
Recommended: Intel Core i7 or higher
Recommended: 8GB or higher
|Display Resolution||Basic: 1280 x 800 display
High Resolution: 2880 x 1800 with Retina Display
|Disk Space||3 GB free disk space for download and installation|
|Pointing Device||Apple-compliant Mouse, Apple-compliant Trackpad, Microsoft-compliant mouse|
|Display Card||Recommended: Mac native installed graphics cards|
|Disk Format||APFS, APFS(Encrypted), Mac OS Extended (Journaled), Mac OS Extended (Journaled, Encrypted)|
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world.Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Multi User: For medium to large organizations requiring many users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
Specialised toolsets for architecture, mechanical design, 3D mapping, and more are included with an AutoCAD subscription. The toolsets go beyond the general AutoCAD features, giving your customers industry-specific capabilities to:
- Access libraries of 750,000+ symbols, parts, and detail components.
- Automate floor plans, sections, elevations, and more.
- Easily create details and views from 3D models, and generate schedules, lists, and tables.
- Create rules-driven workflows.
AutoCAD Web & Mobile Apps
The AutoCAD web and mobile apps, included with an AutoCAD subscription, enable customers to access their drawings anytime, anywhere. Customers can:
- View, edit, create, and share drawings from virtually any device.
- Make assessments and changes in the field, reducing unnecessary trips back to the office.
- Easily add blocks, manipulate layers, and take measurements on-the-go.
- Always have the most up-to-date working file.
New Features & Enhancements
Graphics Performance Improvements
Pan, zoom, and orbit smoother and faster in real time with multi-core processors. Automatically perform regeneration operations.
Cloud Storage Connectivity
Seamlessly access any DWG file from leading cloud storage providers like Microsoft OneDrive, Box, Dropbox and now Google Drive.
Trim and Extend
Trim and Extend has become more streamlined — the default Quick mode now automatically selects all potential boundaries.
Edit and debug AutoLISP files with AutoCAD using the new extension for Microsoft Visual Studio Code. AutoLISP now fully supports Unicode characters.
Change the arc size for any revision cloud with the new REVCLOUDPROPERTIES command.
Break Objects at a Single Point
Separate a line, arc, or open polyline into two objects at a point you select, using the new BREAKATPOINT command.
Productivity study – architecture
Productivity study – mechanical
Productivity study – electrical
Moving 2D to 3D
33 tips from AutoCAD users
Get it now
Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection >
Get AutoCAD together with Revit to support CAD and BIM-based workflows for design, documentation, and construction.
Product Design & Manufacturing Collection >
Get AutoCAD together with Inventor Professional to connect 2D and 3D workflows, add project data management, and more.