Trusted by millions. Built on four decades of innovation.
Autodesk®️ AutoCAD®️ provides a best-in-class 2D and 3D design experience with enhanced automation. Add markups and incorporate feedback with a couple of clicks, even from printed drawings. Automate counting objects, compare drawings, and take advantage of curated insights to learn about features to help you get work done faster. AutoCAD includes specialized toolsets with industry-specific features for architecture, mechanical and electrical design, and more. Quickly and seamlessly access data across Autodesk products. Subscribe for unique design features and connections with major cloud storage providers whether you are on a PC, Mac, tablet, or on the web.
The right tools to speed work
Access industry-specific features that help you be more efficient than ever before. Recent studies showed an average productivity gain of up to 63% for AutoCAD tasks completed with the help of a specialised toolset.*
- Access libraries of over 750,000 symbols, parts, and detail components.
- Automate the creation of annotations, layers, and properties.
- Easily create details and views from 3D models, and quickly generate schedules, lists, and tables.
*As compared to basic AutoCAD. Study was designed by Autodesk and commissioned to an outside consultant. Your results may differ. Autodesk provides this information “as is”, without warranty of any kind.
Speed up architectural drawing and documentation with over 8,000 intelligent architectural objects. Automate floorplans, sections, elevations, and more.
Boost productivity while documenting electrical controls systems with over 65,000 intelligent electrical symbols. Design panel layouts and schematic diagrams. Supports AS, GB, IEC, IEC-60617, JIC, JIS, NFPA, and IEEE standards.
Accelerate product design with mechanical design features and over 700,000 intelligent manufacturing parts and symbols. Experience simplified layer management, generation of parts list, and creating bills of materials (BOMs).
Plant 3D toolset
Produce P&IDs efficiently and integrate them into 3D plant design models using specialised plant design and engineering features. Quickly create plant layouts, schematic diagrams, and more.
Map 3D toolset
Improve planning and design by incorporating GIS and CAD data. Manage spatial data with standard data schema, automated business workflows, and report templates.
Efficiently draft, design, and document building systems with over 10,500 intelligent mechanical, electrical, and plumbing objects. Easily design ductwork, electrical conduit, and circuiting for building systems.
Raster Design toolset
Convert raster images into DWG™ objects with raster-to-vector tools. Easily edit and clean up raster images while transforming them into vector drawings within a familiar AutoCAD environment.
- 2023 – Markup Import & Markup Assist: Automatically import feedback and incorporate collaborative changes to your drawings withoutadditional drawing steps
- 2023 – My Insights: A frictionless guide to provide valuable tips and new features to help you work faster and in the right context.
- 2023 – AutoCAD Web API’s: Automate steps in your AutoCAD web app workflow, exclusively for AutoCAD subscribers.
- 2023 – Sheet Set Manager: Open and send sheet sets quicker and safer than ever before using the Autodesk cloud platform.
- 2023 – Share: Send a controlled copy of your drawings to teammates to securely access wherever they are.
- 2023 – Count: Automate the counting of blocks or geometry and reduce errors. Export your data to a dynamic table.
- Trace: Safely review and add feedback directly to a DWG file without altering the existing drawing.
- Push to Autodesk Docs: Publish your CAD drawing sheets as PDFs directly from AutoCAD to Autodesk Docs.
- Start tab: The new AutoCAD start tab allows you to easily access files and other helpful content directly from the home screen..
- Simplified Installation: Reduce the amount of time setting up your software with faster and customizable installations.
- Drawing History: See changes made to your drawing over time and get automatic insights about previous versions.
- Blocks palette: Insert blocks efficiently from the Libraries tab on desktop or in the AutoCAD web app.
- Quick measure: Quickly display all nearby measurements including areas and perimeters in a drawing.
- DWG™ compare: Compare differences between two drawing revisions without leaving your current window.
- Save to web and mobile: Save drawings and their associated Xrefs from your desktop to view and edit in the AutoCAD web and mobile apps.
- PDF import: Import geometry (SHX font files, fills, raster images, and TrueType text) into a drawing from a PDF.
- Shared views: Publish design views of your drawing in a web browser for viewing and commenting.*
- Attach/extract point cloud data: Attach point cloud files acquired by 3D laser scanners or other technologies.
- AutoCAD anytime, anywhere: Access AutoCAD from your desktop, web, and mobile devices.
- AutoCAD web app – Create, edit and view CAD drawings from any device through the browser.
- AutoCAD mobile app – Create, edit and view CAD drawings on your mobile device.
- Save to web and mobile – Save drawings from your desktop to view and edit on the AutoCAD web and mobile apps, Xrefs included.
- Shared views – Publish design views of your drawing in a web browser for viewing and commenting.
2D drafting, drawing, and annotation
- Text settings – Create single or multiline text (mtext) as a single text object. Format the text, columns, and boundaries.
- Smart dimensioning – Create dimensions automatically. Pass the cursor over selected objects to get a preview before you create it.
- Leaders – Create leaders with a variety of content, including text or blocks. Easily format leader lines, and define styles.
- Smart centerlines and center marks – Create and edit centerlines and center marks that automatically move when you move the associated objects.
- Tables – Create tables with data & symbols in rows & columns, apply formulas, and link to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Revision clouds – Draw revision clouds around new changes in a drawing to quickly identify your updates.
- Layouts – Specify the size of your drawing sheet, add a title block, and display multiple views of your model.
- Layout viewports – Create layout viewports to display different elements of your design at varying scales.
- Fields – Use fields in text objects to display text that can be updated automatically as the field value changes.
- Data linking – Enable simultaneous updates by creating a live link between a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and a table in your drawing.
- Data extraction – Extract information from objects, blocks, and attributes, including drawing information.
- Parametric constraints – Apply geometric and dimensional constraints to maintain relationships between drawing geometry.
- Express tools – Extend the power of AutoCAD with a collection of productivity tools.
3D modeling and visualisation
- Solid, surface, and mesh modeling – Create realistic 3D models of your design using a combination of solid, surface, and mesh modeling tools.
- 3D navigation (orbit, ViewCube, wheel) – Use 3D viewing and navigation tools to orbit, swivel, walk, and fly around a 3D model to showcase your design.
- Visual styles – Apply visual styles to control the display of edges, lighting, and shading of your 3D model.
- Section planes – Create section planes to display cross-sectional views through solids, surfaces, meshes, or regions.
- Photorealistic rendering – Apply lighting and materials to give your 3D models a realistic appearance and to help communicate your designs.
- 3D scanning and point clouds – Attach point cloud files acquired by 3D laser scanners or other technologies to create 3D representations.
- Base, projected, and section views – Generate 2D drawings including base, projected, section, and detail views from 3D models.
- Print Studio – Print Studio provides the tools needed to prepare models for supported 3D printers and materials.
- PDF and DGN import/export/underlay – Share and reuse data from PDF and DGN files by importing, exporting, or attaching them as underlays.
- DWG and image references – Attach drawings and images to your current drawing as externally referenced files.
- Sheet set manager – View, access, manage, and plot multiple drawings as sheet sets.
- Reference Navisworks models – Attach and view Navisworks models as underlays to your AutoCAD drawings.
- Import 3D models – Import maps, parts, and assemblies from applications including CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, and others.
- Geographic location and online maps – Insert geographic location information into a drawing, and display a map in the drawing from an online map service.
Installation and customisation
- TrustedDWG technology – TrustedDWG™ technology lets you know of a possible incompatibility when a file was not last saved by an Autodesk software.
- Migration tool – Migrate your custom settings and files from previous releases.
- CUI customisation – Customise the user interface to improve accessibility and reduce the number of steps for frequent tasks.
- Secure load – Specify security restrictions for running executables in AutoCAD to help protect against malicious executable code.
- Action recorder – Record commands and input values that can be played back as an action macro.
- Multi-user (network) license sharing – Pool licenses on a server to reduce costs when not all licenses are in use at the same time.
- Sysvar monitor – Monitor current system variables against a preferred list of values. Notification balloons alert you of deviations.
- Tools for managing CAD standards – Define and monitor CAD standards to maintain consistent styles for layers, linetypes, text, and dimensions.
- Autodesk App Store – Customize your software with Autodesk-approved extensions from the Autodesk App Store.
- Autodesk desktop app – Get alerts and install software updates without disrupting your workflow. View tutorials about new features.
64-bit Microsoft® Windows® 11 or Windows 10 version 1809 or above. See Autodesk’s Product Support Lifecycle for support
• 2.5-2.9 GHz processor (base) ARM Processors are not supported.
• 3+ GHz processor (base), 4+ GHz (turbo)
• 8 GB
• 16 GB
1920 x 1080 with True Color
High Resolution & 4K Displays:
Resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 (with capable display card)
10 GB (suggested SSD)
*Electrical: 20 GB
*Architecture: 20 GB
*MEP: 21 GB
*Mechanical: 12 GB
*Map 3D: 20 GB
*Plant 3D: 12 GB
Supported by the application
• 1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX11 compliant
• 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX12 compliant
DirectX 12 with Feature Level 12_0 is required for Shaded(Fast) and Shaded with edges(Fast) visual styles
Continued system printer and AutoCAD HDI support
Visual Studio 2019 Pro 16.11.5
FLEXnet & Autodesk Licensing Service will be used for Named User and Flex
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world.Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Multi User: For medium to large organizations requiring many users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
Get new features & enhancements
Markup Import and Assist
Import feedback and incorporate changes to your drawings automatically when collaborating with teammates and reviewers, reducing additional drawing steps.
My Insights is a frictionless guide to provide valuable tips and new features to help you work faster at the right time and in the right context.
AutoCAD web API’s
The AutoCAD LISP API to automate steps in your workflow is now available in the AutoCAD web app, available only for AutoCAD subscribers.
Sheet Set Manager
The Sheet Set Manager now enables you to open sheet sets quicker than ever before. Using the Autodesk cloud platform, sending and opening sheet sets to and from teammates is quicker and safer.
Add design change notes and markups without altering your existing drawing from AutoCAD desktop in addition to the web and mobile apps.
Send controlled copies of your drawings to your team and colleagues, establishing access for those who need only to view and those who need to edit. Save time sharing your drawings with AutoCAD.
Count automates the counting of blocks or objects within a selected area or throughout your entire drawing with a menu to identify errors and navigate through your counted objects.
Push to Autodesk Docs
Improve productivity & reduce steps by publishing CAD drawing sheets as PDFs from AutoCAD to Autodesk Docs. Plus, you can access DWG files in Autodesk Docs anywhere with AutoCAD web app.
View and edit two drawings at the same time in fully functional windows side by side, or on multiple monitors. No need to open another instance of AutoCAD.
Redesigned Start Tab
The new AutoCAD start tab allows you to easily access files and other helpful content all in one place.
Reduce the amount of time setting up your software with faster and customisable installations. You can even work in AutoCAD while it’s being installed.
AutoCAD 2023 has updated graphics so you can render 3D objects up to 10 times faster than before with shaded, shaded with edges, and wireframe visual styles.
Benefits of the AutoCAD including specialised toolsets
Across seven studies, customers increased productivity by 63% on average for tasks completed using a specialised toolset in AutoCAD.*
Download the studies.
*Productivity data based on a series of studies commissioned by Autodesk to an outside consultant. The seven toolset studies compared basic AutoCAD to the specialised toolsets within AutoCAD when performing tasks commonly done by experienced AutoCAD users. Overall productivity gain calculation based on adding the completion times of specific tasks in the toolset and also in basic AutoCAD and then calculating the per cent difference between the two totals across seven studies. As with all performance tests, results may vary based on the machine, operating system, filters and even source material. While every effort has been made to make the tests as fair and objective as possible, your results may differ. Product information and specifications are subject to change without notice. Autodesk provides this information “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
Get it now
Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection >
Get AutoCAD together with Revit to support CAD and BIM-based workflows for design, documentation, and construction.
Product Design & Manufacturing Collection >
Get AutoCAD together with Inventor Professional to connect 2D and 3D workflows, add project data management, and more.