AutoCAD including specialised toolsets
Subscribe to AutoCAD and get access to specialised toolsets for your specific industry — from mechanical design aids to architecture tools to model-based GIS and mapping solutions. Work faster from anywhere with industry-specific toolsets and web and mobile apps.
Subscribe to AutoCAD including specialised toolsets, so you can:
- Speed up your work with specialised features & libraries for mechanical design, architecture, 3D mapping, and more while working in a familiar AutoCAD interface.
- Enjoy greater mobility with the new web and mobile apps.
- Draft and design using the latest features included in
- Subscriber-only updates.
See specialised toolsets
- AutoCAD Architecture
- AutoCAD Electrical
- AutoCAD Mechanical
- AutoCAD Map 3D
- AutoCAD MEP
- AutoCAD Plant 3D
- AutoCAD Raster Design
- AutoCAD web app – Create, edit and view CAD drawings from any device through the browser.
- AutoCAD mobile app – Create, edit and view CAD drawings on your mobile device.
- Save to web and mobile – Save drawings from your desktop to view and edit on the AutoCAD web and mobile apps, Xrefs included.
- Shared views – Publish design views of your drawing in a web browser for viewing and commenting.
2D drafting, drawing, and annotation
- Text settings – Create single or multiline text (mtext) as a single text object. Format the text, columns, and boundaries.
- Smart dimensioning – Create dimensions automatically. Pass the cursor over selected objects to get a preview before you create it.
- Leaders – Create leaders with a variety of content, including text or blocks. Easily format leader lines, and define styles.
- Smart centerlines and center marks – Create and edit centerlines and center marks that automatically move when you move the associated objects.
- Tables – Create tables with data & symbols in rows & columns, apply formulas, and link to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Revision clouds – Draw revision clouds around new changes in a drawing to quickly identify your updates.
- Layouts – Specify the size of your drawing sheet, add a title block, and display multiple views of your model.
- Layout viewports – Create layout viewports to display different elements of your design at varying scales.
- Fields – Use fields in text objects to display text that can be updated automatically as the field value changes.
- Data linking – Enable simultaneous updates by creating a live link between a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and a table in your drawing.
- Data extraction – Extract information from objects, blocks, and attributes, including drawing information.
- Parametric constraints – Apply geometric and dimensional constraints to maintain relationships between drawing geometry.
- Express tools – Extend the power of AutoCAD with a collection of productivity tools.
3D modeling and visualisation
- Solid, surface, and mesh modeling – Create realistic 3D models of your design using a combination of solid, surface, and mesh modeling tools.
- 3D navigation (orbit, ViewCube, wheel) – Use 3D viewing and navigation tools to orbit, swivel, walk, and fly around a 3D model to showcase your design.
- Visual styles – Apply visual styles to control the display of edges, lighting, and shading of your 3D model.
- Section planes – Create section planes to display cross-sectional views through solids, surfaces, meshes, or regions.
- Photorealistic rendering – Apply lighting and materials to give your 3D models a realistic appearance and to help communicate your designs.
- 3D scanning and point clouds – Attach point cloud files acquired by 3D laser scanners or other technologies to create 3D representations.
- Base, projected, and section views – Generate 2D drawings including base, projected, section, and detail views from 3D models.
- Print Studio – Print Studio provides the tools needed to prepare models for supported 3D printers and materials.
- PDF and DGN import/export/underlay – Share and reuse data from PDF and DGN files by importing, exporting, or attaching them as underlays.
- DWG and image references – Attach drawings and images to your current drawing as externally referenced files.
- Sheet set manager – View, access, manage, and plot multiple drawings as sheet sets.
- Reference Navisworks models – Attach and view Navisworks models as underlays to your AutoCAD drawings.
- Import 3D models – Import maps, parts, and assemblies from applications including CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, and others.
- Geographic location and online maps – Insert geographic location information into a drawing, and display a map in the drawing from an online map service.
Installation and customisation
- TrustedDWG technology – TrustedDWG™ technology lets you know of a possible incompatibility when a file was not last saved by an Autodesk software.
- Migration tool – Migrate your custom settings and files from previous releases.
- CUI customisation – Customise the user interface to improve accessibility and reduce the number of steps for frequent tasks.
- Secure load – Specify security restrictions for running executables in AutoCAD to help protect against malicious executable code.
- Action recorder – Record commands and input values that can be played back as an action macro.
- Multi-user (network) license sharing – Pool licenses on a server to reduce costs when not all licenses are in use at the same time.
- Sysvar monitor – Monitor current system variables against a preferred list of values. Notification balloons alert you of deviations.
- Tools for managing CAD standards – Define and monitor CAD standards to maintain consistent styles for layers, linetypes, text, and dimensions.
- Autodesk App Store – Customize your software with Autodesk-approved extensions from the Autodesk App Store.
- Autodesk desktop app – Get alerts and install software updates without disrupting your workflow. View tutorials about new features.
|System Requirements For AutoCAD 2020 Including Specialized Toolsets (Windows)|
|PROCESSOR||Basic: 2.5–2.9 GHz processor
Recommended: 3+ GHz processor
Multiple processors: Supported by the application
|MEMORY||Basic: 8 GB
Recommended: 16 GB
|DISPLAY RESOLUTION||Conventional Displays:
1920 x 1080 with True ColorHigh Resolution & 4K Displays:
Resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 supported on Windows 10, 64-bit systems (with capable display card)
|DISPLAY CARD||Basic: 1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant
Recommended: 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant
|DISK SPACE||6.0 GB|
|BROWSER||Google Chrome™ (for AutoCAD web app)|
|NETWORK||Deployment via Deployment Wizard.The license server and all workstations that will run applications dependent on network licensing must run TCP/IP protocol.
Either Microsoft® or Novell TCP/IP protocol stacks are acceptable. Primary login on workstations may be Netware or Windows.
In addition to operating systems supported for the application, the license server will run on the Windows Server® 2016, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2 editions.
|POINTING DEVICE||MS-Mouse compliant|
|.NET FRAMEWORK||.NET Framework Version 4.7 or later*DirectX11 recommended by supported OS|
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world.Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Multi User: For medium to large organizations requiring many users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
When you subscribe to AutoCAD 2019, you will gain access to the following toolsets:
- 8,000+ intelligent architectural objects and styles specifically for architects.
- Automate floorplans, sections, and elevations.
- 65,000+ intelligent electrical symbols for electrical controls systems.
- Boost productivity and quickly design panel layouts and schematic diagrams.
- 700,000+ intelligent manufacturing parts, features and symbols.
- Automate generating machine components and creating bills of material.
- Produce P&IDs and integrate into a 3D plant design model.
- Quickly create schematic diagrams, plant layouts, and other drawings with our 3D plant toolset
- Incorporate GIS and CAD data to support planning, design & data management.
- Access spatial data stored in files, databases & web services.
- Easily manage GIS data.
- 10,500+ intelligent mechanical, electrical, and plumbing objects.
- Design ductwork, electrical conduit, and circuiting for HVAC, plumbing, and electrical.
- Edit scanned drawings and convert raster images into DWG objects.
- Edit, clean up and transform images, manipulate raster entities, and create vector shapes.
New Features & Enhancements
Reduce eye strain with contrast improvements, sharper icons, and a modern blue interface.
Insert blocks efficiently from a most recently used list or specified drawings with visual previews. Save steps with the new Repeat Placement option.
Remove multiple unneeded objects at once with easy selection and object preview. Find the non-purgeable items in a drawing for cleanup management.
Quickly display all nearby measurements with mouse hover using the new MEASUREGEOM command.
Cloud Storage Connectivity
Access any DWG file on virtually any device with leading cloud storage providers.
Enhanced DWG Compare
Compare revisions from two drawings quickly without leaving the current window. Import highlighted differences into the current drawing.
AutoCAD Web & Mobile Apps
The new AutoCAD web and mobile app are included when you subscribe to AutoCAD 2019 including specialised toolsets.
These apps provide fast, seamless access to DWG files wherever you are, from virtually any device. Files load quickly, and you can draft, edit, measure, and annotate with the core tools and technology of original AutoCAD. These powerful features make it possible to continue your CAD work with the most up-to-date files while on-the-go.
The apps enable subscribers to:
- View, edit, create, and share drawings whether in the office or field.
- Easily add blocks, markup, manipulate layers, and take measurements on-the-go.
- Always have the most up-to-date working file.
With the local New Zealand consultation, training, and support services, CADPRO Systems can help you get up and running quickly.
Get it now
Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection >
Get AutoCAD together with Revit to support CAD and BIM-based workflows for design, documentation, and construction.
Product Design & Manufacturing Collection >
Get AutoCAD together with Inventor Professional to connect 2D and 3D workflows, add project data management, and more.