Autodesk Civil 3D software is a civil engineering design and documentation solution that supports Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflows. Using Civil 3D, infrastructure professionals can improve project delivery, maintain more consistent data and processes, and respond faster to design changes.
Civil 3D overview (video: 2:18 min.)
What’s new in Civil 3D
Civil 3D 2021
Discover how the newest features in Civil 3D® can help improve your civil design workflows.
Bridge design interoperability
Link your bridge model between InfraWorks and Civil 3D. (video: 1:02 min.)
Gravity network analysis
Civil 3D 2020
Dynamo for Civil 3D
Use Dynamo for programming and design automation. Define scripts and routines in a visual environment to design and expedite workflows.
Storm and sanitary analysis
Gravity network analysis
Civil 3D 2019
|Label property set data
Add custom data to Civil 3D object labels by using property sets.
|ENHANCED | InfraWorks interoperability
Use preliminary design models within Civil 3D.
|Advance roundabout design
Bring new roundabout designs into Civil 3D.
|Civil 3D with Revit
Enhance structural and civil design collaboration.
Improve Building Information Model (BIM) workflows with tools that help you improve project delivery, maintain more consistent data and processes, and respond faster to project changes.
New and enhanced features in AutoCAD® Civil 3D® civil engineering design software help you to:
- Find better ways of collaborating. Use InfraWorks 360™ preliminary models inside of Civil 3D® and take detailed design data back to the InfraWorks 360™ model more easily.
- Associate and re-associate drawing objects to data shortcuts with enhanced Data Shortcut collaboration tools.
- Streamline time-consuming tasks for road and highway design, parcel design, and pressure and gravity network design with new Civil Design enhancements.
- Boost efficiency with enhanced Civil 3D® and Vault Professional data organization tools.
- Create AutoCAD® Solids from AutoCAD® Civil 3D® Tin Surfaces, Pipe Networks, and Pressure Networks that can be used for visual analysis.
- Experience greater flexibility when designing and displaying corridor models with enhancements that include Corridor Target Specification by AutoCAD® layer capabilities and Subassembly Loop Support within the Subassembly Composer.
- Create production deliverables more efficiently by Crossing pipe labels within profile and section views, for pressure and gravity network pipe crossings. Cross section views now include – section display direction control.
- Enjoy improved performance and more flexibility when working with point cloud files. New reality capture enhancements help you create TIN surfaces in Civil 3D® from point cloud files generated in ReCap™.
- Help improve collaboration with new Interoperability and Data exchange enhancements.
- Improve workflows by enabling broader reuse of information generated during the design, construction, and operation of civil infrastructure projects that utilize bi-directional data conversion between Civil 3D® and Bentley GEOPAK and Bentley InRoads civil design software, available on Desktop or Maintenance Subscription.
- Import and Export AutoCAD® Solids to Industry Foundation Class (IFC) files for use in other applications.
|System requirements for Civil 3D 2021|
See Autodesk’s Product Support Lifecycle for support information.
|Processor||Recommended: 3+ GHz processor|
|Display Resolution||Conventional Displays: 1920 x 1080 with True Color
High Resolution & 4K Displays: Resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 supported on Windows 10, 64 bit systems (with capable display card)
|Display Card||Recommended: 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant|
|Disk Space||16 GB|
|Pointing Device||MS-Mouse compliant|
|File Format Changes||No DWG or Civil 3D Object format changes¹.
¹Bridge and piping features added in 2021 may display as a proxy objects in prior versions.
|.NET Framework||.NET Framework Version 4.8|
|Additional Requirements for large datasets, point clouds, and 3D modeling|
|Memory||16 GB RAM or more|
|Disk Space||6 GB free hard disk available, not including installation requirements|
|Display Card||1920 x 1080 or greater True Color video display adapter; 128 MB VRAM or greater; Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater; Direct3D® capable workstation class graphics card.|
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world.Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
Advance your workflows with GIS integration
Work with ArcGIS data directly in your Civil 3D design model and ensure teams maintain access to up-to-date project information.
Improve site and building design coordination with shared coordinate systems.
Civil 3D + Revit + InfraWorks + Navisworks + more
Move a building model into a site design using shared reference points. Then, use that same model to more accurately visualise and analyse the design.
Learn more about the AEC Collection >
Use Civil 3D with other Autodesk software.
With the local New Zealand consultation, training, and support services, CADPRO Systems can help you get up and running quickly.
FREE Revit productivity tools when you subscribe
CADPRO Systems want to make sure your workflows are even faster by offering you free productivity tools (valued at $275+GST) when you subscribe to a minimum one year Autodesk Civil 3D.