Dynamo Studio is a stand-alone programming environment that enables designers to create visual logic to explore parametric conceptual designs and automate tasks.
Autodesk Dynamo Studio is a standalone programming environment that lets designers create visual logic to explore parametric conceptual designs and automate tasks. Users can solve challenges faster by designing workflows that drive the geometry and behavior of design models. Dynamo Studio lets you extend your designs into interoperable workflows for documentation, fabrication, coordination, simulation, and analysis.
Explore parametric design concepts in a lightweight environment to iterate faster and earlier than ever
- Rapidly test and iterate your designs so you can study more options in less time
- Solve complex geometric problems with visual logic even if you don’t know how to program
- Automate repetitive tasks for more precision and speed
- Manage risk by exposing tradeoffs and understanding systems and connections at the conceptual phase
- Generate sophisticated designs from simple data, logic, and analysis
Visualize geometry in a standalone environment
- Access a world-class geometry library to create solids and surfaces compatible with most downstream needs
- Work live in shared collaborative environment without the need for export
- Communicate to other applications from within Dynamo Studio for further insight, including Revit, Robot, Rhinoceros, NavisWorks, SAP2000, Excel, Google Spreadsheets, Tableau, and more
Extend computational design into other professional applications smoothly to work more effectively with project teams
- Design parametric geometry that translates into Revit families
- Communicate your work easily and efficiently with project teams with shareable content
- Harness the power of BIM so you can realize design changes without remodeling and build systems, not just models
Minimum: Entry-Level Configuration
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 SP1 64-bit: Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional, or Home Premium
- Microsoft® Windows® 8 64-bit: Windows 8 Enterprise, Pro, or Windows 8
- Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 64-bit: Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Pro, or Windows 8.1
- Type Single- or Multi-Core Intel® Pentium®, Xeon®, or i-Series processor or AMD® equivalent with SSE2 technology. Highest affordable CPU speed rating recommended.
- 4 GB RAM, Usually sufficient for a typical editing session. This estimate is based on internal testing and customer reports. Individual models will vary in their use of computer resources and performance characteristics. For higher performance use for either 8 GB or 16 GB RAM.
- 1,920 x 1,080 with true color or higher.
- Basic Graphics: Display adapter capable of 24-bit color
- Advanced Graphics: 3d Graphics in Dynamo Studio requires Windows 7 or Windows 8 with a DirectX 10 compatible GPU. Parallels on the Mac is also supported with Hardware Acceleration enabled. Software rendering is also supported using WARP (available in Windows 8 and using the Windows 7 Platform Update).
- 1 GB and above free disk space, based on individual preference
- Download or installation from DVD9 or USB key
- MS-Mouse or compliant device
- Any supported browser
- Internet connection for license registration and prerequisite component download
Third Party Dependencies
- Dependency Microsoft® Excel 2010 or above for functionality related to Excel
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world.Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Multi User: For medium to large organizations requiring many users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
Dynamo Studio Functionality
Explore more design options faster using simple data, logic, and analysis.
Import and export data from Excel, CSV, image formats, and modeling applications like DWG™ in a simple, real-time workflow.
Visualise complex geometric problems with graphical logic to drive the behavior of your design model.
Write code using a simple and powerful scripting interface—no programming experience required.
Automate repetitive tasks to speed the design process and improve efficiency.
Visualise and analyse projects with precision surface and solid geometry.
Extend your designs into interoperable workflows for documentation, fabrication, coordination, simulation, and analysis.
Connect to the open-source community to share questions and get answers from other designers.
Get it now
Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection >
Get Dynamo Studio, FormIt, and Revit as part of a set of integrated BIM tools.
Advance Steel >
3D modeling software for steel detailing.