Mudbox digital painting and sculpting software provides 3D artists with an intuitive and tactile toolset for creating and modifying 3D geometry and textures.
Create, texture and paint directly onto 3D models. Digital sculpting and painting toolsets in Mudbox® software help artists to:
- Create more life-like 3D models with professional digital sculpting tools that have the ability to pinch, pull, grab, smooth, and scrape.
- Create cleaner, production-quality meshes from scanned, imported, or sculpted data using automatic and manual curve-guided retopology tools.
- Paint directly onto 3D models created in and imported from 3ds Max, Maya and Maya LT, in a high-resolution, 3D painting workflow.
- Add detailed textures to assets and render them more efficiently with texture baking tools that use Map Extraction.
- See your work come together in the viewport using an intuitive multi-touch interface that renders quality results as you sculpt and paint.
- Iterate more quickly with advanced 3D layer capabilities that let you experiment with design concepts and make changes easily.
- Move 3D models and textures to and from select Autodesk products, such as 3ds Max, Maya and Maya LT, and take advantage of enhanced compatibility with Adobe Photoshop.
Autodesk Mudbox 2017 software is supported on the following 64-bit operating systems and at a minimum, requires a system with the following 64-bit hardware:
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (SP1) and Windows 10 Professional operating system
- Apple® Mac OS® X 10.10.5 and 10.11.x operating system
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.5 & 7.2 WS operating system
- CentOS 6.5 & 7.2 Linux operating system
Autodesk recommends the latest version of the following web browsers for access to online supplemental content:
- Apple® Safari®
- Google Chrome™
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer®
- Mozilla® Firefox®
- 64-bit Intel® or AMD® multi-core processor
- 4 GB of RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- 1 GB of free disk space for install
- Three-button mouse
Autodesk is not responsible for errors or failures of Autodesk software arising from the installation of updates, extensions or new releases issued by third party hardware or software vendors for the certified software or hardware identified in this document (or for any other third party software or hardware that you may use in connection with Autodesk products).
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world.Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Multi User: For medium to large organizations requiring many users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
View intuitive 3D sculpting and texture painting tools, and a familiar layered workflow.
Make any model symmetrical.
Caliper tool for proportional measurement
Measure between two points or along a curve.