Point Layout construction layout software helps contractors and subcontractors bring model accuracy to the field. Use model coordinate information at the job site to improve office-to-field efficiency and QA/QC, reduce rework, and increase construction site layout productivity.
- Create points
Create points within drawings and models authored in AutoCAD, Revit, or Navisworks software.
– Create points on almost any object.
– Add points automatically to family or ITM content.
– Place points manually.
- Export to robotic instruments
Export points from AutoCAD, Revit, or Navisworks software to a total station or other robotic instrument for more accurate construction layout.
- Import field conditions
Import staked point locations back into AutoCAD, Revit, or Navisworks software to help create an as-built model for handoff.
- Export to Navisworks
Export your work from AutoCAD or Revit software and import it into Navisworks software to adjust your point locations during the coordination process.
- Control points
Add, import, and export control points to your model. Control points can include automatic grid intersection placement, import, and manual placement in AutoCAD and Revit software.
- Coordinate systems
Add coordinate systems to your model that match the job site. This helps you align your points with the overall construction project.
- 3D-model based layout
Integrate with the BIM 360 Layout iPad app and control your layout from the full model.
- Compare points
Use imported field points with field deviation reports for QA/QC, then pass issues to BIM 360 Field software for resolution.
- Slab analysis
Import field or as-built points of any surface into Revit software for deviation analysis of field versus the design model.
System requirements for Point Layout 2016
- Point Layout requires a license of one of the following software products:
– AutoCAD products 2011-2016 (including AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD Civil 3D, or AutoCAD MEP)
– Revit products 2011-2016 (including Revit Structure, Revit Architecture, or Revit MEP)
– Navisworks products 2011-2016 (including Navisworks Simulate and Navisworks Manage)
- 3 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 1 GB free disk space
- 1,280 x 1,024 VGA display with 4 MB VRAM (32 MB recommended)
- Display adapter capable of 24-bit color for basic graphics, 256 MB DirectX 10-capable graphics card with Shader Model 3 for advanced graphics (find out more about recommended graphics hardware)
- Internet Explorer 7 (or later)
- Microsoft Mouse-compliant pointing device
- Internet connectivity for license registration
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world.Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Multi User: For medium to large organizations requiring many users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
Watch and learn how Autodesk Point Layout can help improve your field installation effectiveness.
Create points on almost any model element.
Import field conditions
Import staked points back into the original model.