Autodesk Revit software is built for Building Information Modeling (BIM), helping professionals design, build, and maintain higher-quality, more energy-efficient buildings. Using the information-rich models created with Autodesk Revit software, architects, engineers, and construction firms can collaborate to make more-informed decisions earlier in the design process to deliver projects more efficiently.
Any design changes made in Revit models are automatically updated throughout the model, keeping designs and documentation coordinated and more reliable. Autodesk Revit includes features for architectural design, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing, structural engineering, and construction providing a comprehensive solution for the entire building project team.
With Revit work-sharing, multiple team members can work on a project at the same time using a centrally shared model.
|One multidiscipline BIM platform
Revit has features for all disciplines involved in a building project. When architects, engineers, and construction professionals work on one unified platform, the risk of data translation errors can be reduced and the design process can be more predictable.
Revit helps you work with members of an extended project team. It imports, exports, and links your data with commonly used formats, including IFC, DWG™ and DGN.
What’s New In The Latest Revit Release
With Revit 2021, Autodesk focused on making Revit better for all disciplines centered on three core themes: productivity and ease of use, collaboration & data exchange, and improved visualisation.
Electrical circuit naming
Customised Revit workspace
P&ID Modeler on BIM 360 Docs
Infrastructure discipline and bridge categories
Revit to Inventor linking
Real-time realistic views
3D Solid fabric sheets visualisation
Voids cut family geometry type and instance parameters
Building Information Modelling Software
Learn about Revit® features for BIM, the intelligent model-based process used to plan, design, construct and manage buildings and infrastructure. Revit supports a multidiscipline collaborative design process.
Use a Navisworks file as a lightweight context to work with others on your project. (video: 1:26 min.)
Schedule groups and Revit links
To better understand and quantify your project, create schedules of links and groups in the model. (video: 1:12 min.)
Embed design intent with project-wide parameters that now work with radial and diameter dimensions and equality constraints. (video: 1:30 min.)
Provide user input directly in the Player interface to make project-specific adjustments to scripts.
You now have more control when creating railings. Includes hosting railings on topography, automatic adjustment to stairs, and post-placement. (video: 1:30 min.)
MEP Fabrication modeling
Revit lets you model sloped pipe, part by part, and use multipoint routing for fabrication elements. (video: 2:03 min.)
MEP design and analysis
Manipulate the circuit pathways, define your own space types, and include outdoor air requirements. (video: 2:08 min.)
Quickly create and modify multi-story buildings by connecting stairs to the levels in your project. (video: 1:21 min.)
- Parametric components – An open, graphical system for design and form-making, and the basis for all building components designed in Revit.
- Worksharing – Contributors from multiple disciplines can share and save their work to the same centrally shared file.
- Schedules – Create a tabular display of model information extracted from the properties of the elements in a project.
- Interoperability and IFC – Revit imports, exports, and links your data with commonly used formats, including IFC4.
- Add-ins – Extend Revit functionality with API access, add-ins, and an expanded content library on the Autodesk App Store.
- Annotation – Communicate designs more effectively with WYSIWYG editing, and features that let you control text appearance.
- Dynamo for Revit – Expand and optimize BIM workflows with an open-source graphical programming interface that installs with Revit.
- Faster software performance – Revit optimizes hardware usage and performs processes in the background.
- Analysis with Insight – Optimize building performance with centralized access to performance data and advanced analysis engines.
- Conceptual design tools – Sketch and create free-form models and create massing studies.
- 3D design visualization – Explore, validate, and communicate designs. Render more quickly and accurately with Autodesk Raytracer rendering engine.
- Cloud rendering – Produce photorealistic visualizations without tying up your desktop or using special rendering hardware.
- Point cloud tools – Connect laser scans directly to the BIM process to author an as-built model.
- FormIt Converter – Share data for conceptual designs that were created in FormIt with Revit to continue to develop designs with BIM.
- Architectural modelling – Add architectural elements to the building model, including walls, doors, windows, and components.
Structural Engineering and Fabrication
- Physical and analytical model – Create a physical model for coordination and documentation, and an associated analytical model for structural analysis.
- Structural Analysis for Revit – Perform cloud-based static and gravity analysis while you work in Revit or run parallel analysis. Explore and visualize results within Revit.
- Reinforcement detailing – Create 3D reinforcement designs. Produce reinforcement shop drawing documentation with rebar schedules.
- Structural steel modelling – Model connections with a higher level of detail using a variety of parametric steel connections in Revit.
- Structural documentation – Create an accurate and detailed structural documentation of multimaterial designs.
- Bidirectional linking with analysis – Integrate analysis results into the BIM process and work in an iterative design workflow.
- Linking with structural fabrication – Interoperability between Revit and Advance Steel helps provide a seamless BIM workflow from steel design to fabrication.
- Dynamo for structural engineering – Dynamo gives structural engineers tools to develop optimized structural systems using computational logic.
MEP Engineering and Fabrication
- AWWA valves and pump content – Revit includes an expanded library of wastewater-system content based on the American Water Works Association (AWWA) standards.
- Insight integration – Insight lets you optimize building performance with centralized access to performance data and advanced analysis engines.
- Fabrication service conversion – Use the Design to Fabrication tool to convert design-level model elements to construction level-of-detail elements.
- Fabrication documentation – Document model layout more effectively. Revit offers features that let you document, schedule, and tag fabrication elements.
- HVAC design and documentation – Design complex duct and pipe systems to express intent, and model duct and pipe systems with mechanical design content.
- Electrical design and documentation – Design, model, and document electrical systems. Keep track of electrical loads throughout the distribution system.
- Plumbing design and documentation – Create sanitary plumbing systems with sloped piping and layout piping systems to design and document intent.
- MEP fabrication detailing – Create fabrication-ready models in Revit. You can model and coordinate MEP LOD 400 components.
- Construction modelling – Derive construction insight from design models. Split and manipulate wall layers and concrete pours, and prepare shop drawings for fabrication.
- Construction coordination – Upload Revit models into BIM 360 Glue and sync with BIM 360 Layout. View and share point sets in the BIM 360 Glue web interface or the BIM 360 Layout iPad app.
- Fabrication for structural engineering – Link to Advance Steel for steel detailing and fabrication to help accelerate design-to-steel construction.
- Fabrication for MEP engineering – Convert design level-of-detail model elements to fabrication level-of-detail elements for detailed coordination, fabrication, and installation.
VMware®: Recommended-Level Configuration³
|Virtual Machine Operating System||64-bit Microsoft® Windows® 10|
|Host Server Recommendation||Performance ⁴|
|CPU||3.0 GHz+ Intel® Xeon E5 or later; or AMD® equivalent with SSE2 technology|
|Storage||~750+ IOPS Per User|
|GPU||NVIDIA® GRID (K260Q or later) or AMD MxGPU (Radeon Pro V340 or later)|
|Virtual Machine Settings||Performance⁴|
|Memory||16-32 GB RAM|
|Disk Space||30 GB free disk space|
|Virtual Machine Connectivity||Internet connection for license registration and prerequisite component download.|
|User Access||Each client computer should have the VMware Horizon Client installed.|
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world. Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
What Does Revit Do?
Revit is software for BIM. Its powerful tools let you use the intelligent model-based process to plan, design, construct, and manage buildings and infrastructure. Revit supports a multidiscipline design process for collaborative design.
Model building components, analyse and simulate systems and structures, and iterate designs. Generate documentation from Revit models.
Multiple project contributors can access centrally shared models. This results in better coordination, which helps reduce clashes and rework.
Communicate design intent more effectively to project owners and team members by using models to create high-impact 3D visuals.
See How Revit Works With Other Products
- Coauthor shared Revit models and co-ordinate deliverables anytime, anywhere
- Detail models for structural fabrication
- Detail models for MEP fabrication
- Connect design to fabrication for concrete structures
- Use a complete set of integrated BIM tools in the Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection
Revit + AutoCAD + Navisworks + more (video: 4.17 min min.)
Use a connected BIM workflow to take architectural designs from concept through construction documentation.
FREE Revit Productivity Tools When You Subscribe
CADPRO Systems want to make sure your workflows are even faster by offering you free productivity tools (valued at $275+GST) when you subscribe to a minimum one year Autodesk Revit.
Get It Now!
Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection
Extend Revit workflows with a set of integrated BIM tools that help you work more efficiently.
BIM 360 Design
Worksharing & collaboration software built for design teams