Autodesk VRED Professional enables different departments (visualization experts, color & trim specialists, lighting designers, marketers and CGI artists) to work together on a photo-realistically visualized prototype which can also be used in Marketing and Sales. By moving from physical to virtual processes, car manufacturers and their suppliers can shorten the overall time to market and create the best in class products.
• Real-time design reviews, with tools for exploring and communicating alternatives
• Evaluate surface quality with NURBS rendering
• Easily present your design on a powerwall or a CAVE using the Display Cluster module
- Hardware 64-bit Intel® processor with Intel® EM64T-capable or AMD® Athlon 64®, AMD Opteron® processor
- Memory 1 GB RAM, 8 GB or more recommended
- Graphics requirements
- Supported NVIDIA® or AMD graphics card with OpenGL 4.3 support and a certified driver.
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit)
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (64-Bit)
- Apple® Mac OS® X 10.11.x El Capitan
Please note: Apple® Mac OS® X 10.10.x Yosemite and earlier versions of MacOS are not supported.
Additionally for VRED Render Node:
- Linux Version: Linux with GNU C Library stable release version 2.5 with installed X-Server
- Adobe® Acrobat® Reader (required to view PDF documentation provided)
- Internet Browser (certified: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer 9 or higher)
- Flash Player to view Tutorials
- Appropriate graphics card driver
- Driver software for optional hardware
Optional Hardware •3D Mouse
- Oculus VR
- HTC Vive
Autodesk is not responsible for errors or failures of Autodesk software arising from the installation of updates, extensions or new releases issued by third party hardware or software vendors for the certified software or hardware identified in this document (or for any other third party software or hardware that you may use in connection with Autodesk products).
UV unwrapper module
The new UV Wrapper module enables users to unwrap, cut, and sew meshes directly inside VRED for better control over the texturing of materials.
Import Alias layer structure
VRED DESIGN, VRED PROFESSIONAL
Wire files from Alias industrial design software are now imported with the corresponding layer information, and layers are imported as tags. Retaining the Alias layer structure shortens data preparation time and simplifies your workflow. You can now select objects according to the layer information.
Simple User Interface
VRED, VRED DESIGN, VRED PROFESSIONAL
The new Simple User Interface helps casual users create imagery more quickly. Take advantage of new features such as a scene module, an animation wizard, a render queue function, and an improved quick access bar.