Collaboration for Revit is now BIM 360 Design
As of April 9, 2018, Autodesk Collaboration for Revit service is now Autodesk BIM 360 Design, a new cloud worksharing, data management, and collaboration solution built on BIM 360.
Continued support for Collaboration for Revit
If you have an entitlement for Collaboration for Revit, you can continue to renew your Collaboration for Revit subscription and use the product as long as you maintain an active subscription or entitlement.
However, we encourage you to take full advantage of your access to BIM 360 Design, which includes access to the document management and design collaboration modules. Contact us to learn more >
Collaboration for Revit Features
Centralized access to project data for all team members
- Overcome the barriers of corporate firewalls and physical location. Collaboration for Revit enables true centralized access to Revit models by team members in all disciplines from multiple firms or sites.
- Replace costly and inefficient work-arounds for sharing models such as use of FTP sites, sharing software or email with attached PDFs. As a cloud service, Collaboration for Revit does not require complex and costly IT setup and maintenance.
- Collaboration for Revit stores all project and design data in BIM 360 Team. BIM 360 Team is part of Autodesk’s secure cloud environment. Visit the Autodesk Trust Center for more information about cloud security at Autodesk.
- With Communicator for Revit, which comes with the Collaboration service, project team members from all disciplines can communicate directly with each other, in real-time within the project models.
- Communicator helps free teams from traditional, limited communication tools that lack context and timeliness, such as relying on email and phone to communicate with the entire project team. With a contextual awareness of who is working on what models at any given time, Communicator makes a conversation with another team member just a click away.
- Communicator provides an integrated activity feed that allows the project team to better understand model changes from other team members, making it easier for team members to locate collaborators and communicate directly.
- Communicator provides notifications of new chat messages, connection requests, and sync status for workshared models.
Autodesk BIM 360 Team Team integration for better team collaboration
- Collaboration for Revit is tightly integrated with Autodesk BIM 360 Team, providing Revit design and engineering teams a centralized cloud-based platform in which to work together more efficiently on projects, make more effective decisions and deliver superior results.
- Data from projects hosted in Collaboration for Revit surfaces in BIM 360 Team, making models easily viewable and searchable with no exports, translations, or uploads required. This experience only requires a web browser, iOS, or Android mobile device; connecting the whole team almost anytime, anywhere, on nearly any device.
- External team member and project contributors who do not use or have access to Revit software can view, search, and socially interact on models, discuss challenges and successes, and stay current with project activities. Since BIM 360 Team works with nearly all project data formats, collaboration can be more effectively centralized in one platform.
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world.Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Multi User: For medium to large organizations requiring many users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
What is BIM 360 Design?
BIM 360 Design is a cloud worksharing and design collaboration product built for distributed, multidisciplinary teams. With BIM 360 Design, you can co-author Revit models in the cloud, control worksharing activities, and coordinate deliverable exchange across teams.