FormIt architectural modeling software enables architects to sketch, collaborate, analyze, and share early-stage design concepts. FormIt Pro is available only in the Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection.
With Autodesk FormIt web and mobile app, you can sketch, collaborate, analyze, and iterate early-stage design concepts on your tablet or web browser. FormIt connects conceptual design with Building Information Modeling (BIM) processes for more fluid workflows.
Work smarter from the beginning with BIM-based conceptual design
- Connect your design concepts to BIM with native Autodesk Revit integration
- Design with smart objects that flow smoothly between FormIt 360 and Revit
- Work on models concurrently with other team members with FormIt Collaboration
Create design concepts with intuitive tools
- Capture design ideas quickly and easily using familiar 3D sketching and push-pull direct manipulation
- Add more realism and context to your models using a selection of materials and colors
- Use location awareness to import a map underlay of the physical site to your model
Analyze your designs earlier than ever
- Run analysis at an early design stage to iterate faster and optimize your designs earlier
- Understand performance from day one with energy and solar analysis
- See the relationship between design concept and site location with shadow and sun path studies
Sketch in 3D anywhere, anytime
- Work fluidly on your iPad® or Android tablet—in front of clients, on project sites, while traveling, or any time inspiration strikes
- Transition between tablet and web browser smoothly so you can work on the same model when and where it suits you
- Save designs in the cloud using the Autodesk® A360 app, or save to your local PC
System requirements for AutoCAD 2017
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 (desktop OS)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Update KB2919355
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1
- Type 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- For 32-bit AutoCAD 2017:2 GB (3 GB recommended)
- For 64-bit AutoCAD 2017: 4 GB (8 GB recommended)
- 1360×768 (1600×1050 or higher recommended) with True Color.
- 125% Desktop Scaling (120 DPI) or less recommended.For AutoCAD 2017.1 Update:
Conventional Displays: 1360×768 (1920×1080 recommended) with True Color
High Resolution & 4K Displays: Resolutions up to 3840×2160 supported on Windows 10, 64 bit systems (with capable display card)
- Windows display adapter capable of 1360×768 with True Color capabilities and DirectX® 9 ¹. DirectX 11 compliant card recommended.For AutoCAD 2017.1 Update: Windows display adapter capable of 1920×1080 with True Color capabilities and DirectX 9 ¹. DirectX 11 compliant card recommended.
High Resolution & 4K Displays:Windows display adapter capable of resolutions up to 3840×2160 and manufacturer-recommended for high resolution applications with True Color capabilities and DirectX 9 ¹. DirectX 11 compliant card recommended.
- Installation 6.0 GB
- MS-Mouse compliant
- WINTAB support
- (DVD) Download and installation from DVD
- Windows Internet Explorer® 9.0 (or later)
- .NET Framework Version 4.6
- Media Player Adobe Flash Player v10 or up
- Deployment via Deployment Wizard.
- The license server and all workstations that will run applications dependent on network licensing must run TCP/IP protocol.
- Either Microsoft® or Novell TCP/IP protocol stacks are acceptable. Primary login on workstations may be Netware or Windows.
- In addition to operating systems supported for the application, the license server will run on the Windows Server® 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2008 R2 Server editions.
- Citrix® XenApp™ 7.6, Citrix® XenDesktop™ 7.6.
¹ DirectX 9 recommended by supported OS.
Additional Requirements for Large Datasets, Point Clouds, and 3D Modeling
- 8 GB RAM or greater
- 6 GB free hard disk available, not including installation requirements
- 1600×1050 or greater True Color video display adapter; 128 MB VRAM or greater; Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater; Direct3D®-capable workstation class graphics card.
Note: 64-bit Operating Systems are recommended if you are working with Large Datasets, Point Clouds and 3D Modeling and required if you are using the Model Documentation feature of AutoCAD.
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world.Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Multi User: For medium to large organizations requiring many users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
Connect conceptual design to Building Information Modeling workflows with native Revit integration. Capture design concepts quickly anytime, anywhere.
FormIt 360 For Windows
Work with bigger, more complex models.
Layers, scenes, and materials
Customize and control the visibility of layers.