Fusion 360 Overview
Fusion 360 is your 3D CAD/CAM tool for product development. It’s the only cloud-based tool that combines industrial and mechanical design, simulation, collaboration, and machining in a single, affordable package. Access your designs virtually anytime, anywhere from your Mac, PC, or mobile device.
Also See Fusion 360 Ultimate, Fusion Team, and get some Cloud Credits.
Fusion 360 Features
Design differently using a single tool that combines industrial and mechanical design with collaboration in one easy-to-use and affordable package. Access your designs at almost anytime, from anywhere – from your Mac, PC or mobile device. With Autodesk® Fusion 360 for 3D CAD and CAM, you get:
- Integrated design tools – get a complete set of industrial and mechanical design capabilities in one package.
- Anywhere access – access your designs anytime, anywhere from your computer or mobile device.
- Advanced collaboration – share design information and begin working together through your secure dashboard.
- Fusion 360 Team – add Fusion 360 Team to have projects owned by a business rather than individuals.
- Simulation – Static Stress, Modal Frequencies, Thermal and Thermal Stress. Fusion 360 Ultimate offers more.
- Fabrication – Prepare your designs for machining with an integrated CAM tool with 2.5 and 3 axis machining or utilize the 3D printing capabilities for additive manufacturing. Fusion 360 Ultimate adds Probing, 4 and 5 axis capabilities.
- Render – Wow! Create awesome looking images right inside Fusion 360.
- Drawings – Annotate those 3D models with built in 2D drawings tools.
- Cloud Solving option for Renderings and Simulations.
- Animation – Assemble components. Create relationships, animate & simulate motion, and review the fit and function of your design.
Fusion 360 System Requirements
- Apple Mac® OS® X Mavericks (10.9) or later production versions
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 SP1 or Microsoft® Windows® 8 and 8.1 and 10
- 64-bit processor (32-bit not supported)
- 4GB RAM (8GB more realistic, 16 GB recommended)
- 512MB GDDR RAM or more, except Intel GMA X3100 cards
- Microsoft-compliant mouse, Apple Mouse, Magic Mouse, MacBook Pro trackpad
- ADSL internet connection or faster
• 3dconnexion Spacemouse on Windows and Mac OS X. Latest drivers required.
Cloud Solving is available for Renderings and Simulation.
What are the benefits ofRendering in the cloud?
- Faster completion times for large renderings and solves
- Local machine remains free to continue using Fusion 360
- Many cloud renderings can progress simultaneously
- Renderings stored in the cloud for easy access, commenting and sharing
What are the benefits of Simulation in the cloud?
Simulation in the cloud offers users with significant capability and productivity benefits. With cloud solving, users are able to:
- Solve larger, time intensive and complex problems without consuming local resources
- Perform faster design exploration and optimization because of the ability to iterate through many configurations
- Kick-off numerous solves in parallel by taking advantage of infinite computing resources
- Let the solve(s) proceed on the cloud while disconnecting from the solve, or even the internet during the solve
- Use alternate workspaces in Fusion 360 while solve is proceeding
- Access results on Fusion Team once the solve is complete
- Pursue alternate tasks on local hardware to be more productive
- Cloud Credits are consumed when using cloud rendering or simulation.
- Annual subscription gets 1,000CC at the time of new purchase and renewal.
- Monthly subscription gets 100CC every month the subscription renews and the unused portion rolls over for up to 1 year
- Quarterly subscription gets 300CC every quarter the subscription renews and the unused portion rolls over for up to 1 year
- Additional Cloud Credits can be purchased. Link to Cloud Credit Purchase
How many cloud credits are consumed for cloud rendering?
- The pricing is currently 1 cloud credit per megapixel of image.
How many cloud credits are consumed for cloud simulation?
The pricing for cloud simulation varies based on the complexity of the problem. The table below summarises what the user can expect to pay per cloud simulation
|Subscription Entitlement||Type of Study||Cloud Credit Cost|
|Ultimate||Event Simulation*|| Begins at 15
(increases based on complexity)
* Web services available only in Tech Preview are free (no cloud credits necessary)
- The complexity of an event simulation is determined based on a number of criteria (model/mesh size, number of parts, type of materials, number of contacting surfaces and bodies, duration of solve etc.) in order to arrive at the cloud credit cost. In general, users can expect most event simulation jobs to range between 15 and 100 cloud credits.
- Once the user sets up the problem, he/she will be notified of the cloud credit cost, and the remaining balance in their account prior to solving.
- You are only fully charged for fully completed solves. Solves that are cancelled by the user are subject to a pro-rated charge based on the percentage of solve completed. This allows the user to pay less for a given job if they believe they have sufficient results to terminate the solve sooner. It also allows the user to terminate a job with least impact if they believe they have not defined the job accurately.
- There is no cloud credit charge for jobs that fail.
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world.Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Multi User: For medium to large organizations requiring many users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
CADPRO Systems Post Processor development and adjustment service gives you a readily accessible method of requesting posts online.
You can submit the request form and provide all the information requested, to allow our engineering experts to accurately assess the time and costs involved in developing or adjusting your post.
If you do not have all the information requested on the form or are unable to provide us with the mandatory detail required, then simply fill out the contact us form here and one of our CAM Specialists will contact you shortly.
What is Fusion360?
With Fusion 360 you can take your idea from concept to creation all in one environment. Check out how Autodesk Fusion 360 users are turning their vision into reality.
Tour of the Interface.
Learn how to configure and customize Fusion 360’s UI so it works based on your own preferences and common workflows.
Concept to Fabrication Tool set.
Do more with Fusion 360’s environment of workspaces.