Making products, made simple
Fusion 360 now includes all current functionality for one single price.
Take control of your entire product development process with the removal of the barriers to technology. Get access to generative design technologies, advanced simulation, and 5-axis CAM.
See Fusion Team and get some Cloud Credits.
Fusion 360 Features
- Define project objectives – Identify your goals, constraints, material and manufacturing options to setup your design study.
- Generate and explore designs – Simultaneously generate multiple process and performance-aware design options in the cloud.
- Optimise designs and materials – Evaluate data for each design option to make decisions based on the various tradeoffs that are most critical to your needs.
- Export CAD-ready files – Choose a generative design outcome to export using cloud credits, and import the CAD-ready geometries into Fusion 360.
- Advanced analysis tools – Use bolt connectors, multiple load cases, and rigid elements in simulation tests or simplify designs by cloning, removing faces, and replacing with primitives.
- Buckling – Predict unexpected failure modes for slender members under compression using cloud simulation.
- Nonlinear stress – Analyse permanent deformations and nonlinear materials using cloud simulation.
- Event simulation – Ensure your design will withstand impact using cloud simulation.
- Shape optimisation – Identify unnecessary regions in your design for light weighting using cloud simulation.
- Probing – Leverage on machine probes to locate work offsets.
- 3+2 machining (5-axis positional) – Reduce the setups required for your job by positioning the stock in different directions through a combination of A, B, or C axis motions.
- 4-axis machining – Rotate the part using the A axis of your machine to create toolpaths for 4 axis indexing or wrap toolpaths.
- 5-axis simultaneous machining – Set up 5-axis operations with tilting, swarf, and multi-axis contour.
- Sketching – Create and edit sketches with sketch constraints and dimensions. Turn sketches into 3D objects.
- Parametric modelling – Create history-based features (i.e. extrude, revolve, loft, sweep) that update with design changes.
- Sheet metal – Design sheet metal components using sheet metal rules. Document and manufacture flat patterns using 2D drawings and cutting strategies.
- Freeform modelling – Create complex sub-divisional surfaces with T-Splines, and increase the density of T-Spline faces.
- Direct modelling – Edit or repair imported geometry from non-native file formats.
- Mesh modelling – Edit and repair imported scans or mesh models (i.e. STL, OBJ files).
- Surface modelling – Create and edit complex parametric surfaces for repairing, patching, or designing geometry.
- Assemblies – Design assemblies with a traditional bottom-up or top-down approach and analyse assembly motion.
- PCB design integration – Design the PCB object directly in Fusion 360. Synchronise bi-directional changes from your electronics designs seamlessly with Autodesk EAGLE interoperability.
- 2D manufacturing drawings – Document manufacturing specifications using integrated, associative drawings for parts and assemblies.
- Animations – Communicate your designs with 3D exploded views and animations to show design assembly.
- Renderings – Create photo-realistic images of your model, leveraging local or cloud computing.
Data Management & Collaboration
- Version management – View or promote previous versions with automatic or manual version control.
- Fusion Team – Get project and user-level administration for multi-user environments.
- Commenting & redlining – Capture and markup decisions made in the design process directly on the design.
- Public or private design sharing – Share data with internal or external stakeholders using safe and secure public links.
- Mac OSx & Windows – Fusion 360 is natively written for both Mac and PC. Use your preferred OS or both, at no extra cost.
- Browser data access – Interact in the design process using your web browser.
- Mobile viewing & management – Manage your design and project data from anywhere, on any mobile device, using iOS or Android.
- Cloud simulation – Setup and analyse multiple tests in the cloud using the cloud credits that come with your subscription.
- Static stress & modal frequencies – Analyse your design under different conditions using various materials, loads and constraints.
- Thermal & thermal stress – Understand thermal distributions and how they interact with physical forces.
- 3D printing utility – Slice, build supports, and generate toolpaths for a variety of 3D printers.
- Turning – Program CNC lathe machines with traditional toolpaths (i.e. facing, roughing, grooving, drilling, etc.)
- Water jet, laser cutter, plasma cutter – Easily create efficient multi-axis toolpaths with advanced collision control for complex 3D designs.
- 2.5 & 3-Axis Machining – With HSM CAM included, quickly generate toolpaths, reduce machine wear, and create quality parts.
Fusion 360 System Requirements
- Apple Mac® OS® X Mavericks (10.9) or later production versions
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 SP1 or Microsoft® Windows® 8 and 8.1 and 10
- 64-bit processor (32-bit not supported)
- 4GB RAM (8GB more realistic, 16 GB recommended)
- 512MB GDDR RAM or more, except Intel GMA X3100 cards
- Microsoft-compliant mouse, Apple Mouse, Magic Mouse, MacBook Pro trackpad
- ADSL internet connection or faster
• 3dconnexion Spacemouse on Windows and Mac OS X. Latest drivers required.
Cloud Solving is available for Renderings and Simulation.
What are the benefits ofRendering in the cloud?
- Faster completion times for large renderings and solves
- Local machine remains free to continue using Fusion 360
- Many cloud renderings can progress simultaneously
- Renderings stored in the cloud for easy access, commenting and sharing
What are the benefits of Simulation in the cloud?
Simulation in the cloud offers users with significant capability and productivity benefits. With cloud solving, users are able to:
- Solve larger, time intensive and complex problems without consuming local resources
- Perform faster design exploration and optimization because of the ability to iterate through many configurations
- Kick-off numerous solves in parallel by taking advantage of infinite computing resources
- Let the solve(s) proceed on the cloud while disconnecting from the solve, or even the internet during the solve
- Use alternate workspaces in Fusion 360 while solve is proceeding
- Access results on Fusion Team once the solve is complete
- Pursue alternate tasks on local hardware to be more productive
- Cloud Credits are consumed when using cloud rendering or simulation.
- Annual subscription gets 1,000CC at the time of new purchase and renewal.
- Monthly subscription gets 100CC every month the subscription renews and the unused portion rolls over for up to 1 year
- Quarterly subscription gets 300CC every quarter the subscription renews and the unused portion rolls over for up to 1 year
- Additional Cloud Credits can be purchased. Link to Cloud Credit Purchase
How many cloud credits are consumed for cloud rendering?
- The pricing is currently 1 cloud credit per megapixel of image.
How many cloud credits are consumed for cloud simulation?
The pricing for cloud simulation varies based on the complexity of the problem. The table below summarises what the user can expect to pay per cloud simulation
|Subscription Entitlement||Type of Study||Cloud Credit Cost|
|Ultimate||Event Simulation*|| Begins at 15
(increases based on complexity)
* Web services available only in Tech Preview are free (no cloud credits necessary)
- The complexity of an event simulation is determined based on a number of criteria (model/mesh size, number of parts, type of materials, number of contacting surfaces and bodies, duration of solve etc.) in order to arrive at the cloud credit cost. In general, users can expect most event simulation jobs to range between 15 and 100 cloud credits.
- Once the user sets up the problem, he/she will be notified of the cloud credit cost, and the remaining balance in their account prior to solving.
- You are only fully charged for fully completed solves. Solves that are cancelled by the user are subject to a pro-rated charge based on the percentage of solve completed. This allows the user to pay less for a given job if they believe they have sufficient results to terminate the solve sooner. It also allows the user to terminate a job with least impact if they believe they have not defined the job accurately.
- There is no cloud credit charge for jobs that fail.
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world.Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Multi User: For medium to large organizations requiring many users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
CADPRO Systems Post Processor development and adjustment service gives you a readily accessible method of requesting posts online.
You can submit the request form and provide all the information requested, to allow our engineering experts to accurately assess the time and costs involved in developing or adjusting your post.
If you do not have all the information requested on the form or are unable to provide us with the mandatory detail required, then simply fill out the contact us form here and one of our CAM Specialists will contact you shortly.
What is Fusion360?
With Fusion 360 you can take your idea from concept to creation all in one environment. Check out how Autodesk Fusion 360 users are turning their vision into reality.
Tour of the Interface
Learn how to configure and customize Fusion 360’s UI so it works based on your own preferences and common workflows.
Concept to Fabrication Tool set
Do more with Fusion 360’s environment of workspaces.