Autodesk InfraWorks is software that supports connected BIM processes to enable designers and civil engineers to plan and design civil infrastructure in the context of the real-world. With InfraWorks, civil engineering professionals can confidently convey design intent within the context of a project’s environment and empower team collaboration – improving decision making, project stakeholder buy-in, and saving both time and money.
- Identify opportunities, risks, and challenges throughout the project lifecycle.
- Explore design concepts and iterate in a real-world, contextual environment.
- Make more informed, real-time decisions based on intelligent models.
- Work smarter with a coordinated and consistent model-based approach.
Breathe life into your designs, create more compelling proposals, and win more work.
What’s new in the latest release of InfraWorks?
Enterprise cloud collaboration with BIM 360
Teams can now collaborate on InfraWorks models using the Autodesk BIM 360 platform. This enterprise-based platform allows companies to better manage project data —controlling access to project-specific libraries with roles and permission settings. With this cloud-based solution, users can select a BIM 360 project in which to store new InfraWorks models created with Model Builder. Team members can also take advantage of the BIM 360 document management functionality to view and markup valuable project data.
Shared views are a quick and simple way for you to share your InfraWorks model s online without having to invest in an enterprise-level solution like BIM 360. All you need is an Autodesk account. Once you’ve shared your models online, others ca n view and comment on that shared view.
The display of terrain contours has been enhanced with view-based settings to control the presentation and visibility of contour lines and elevation text labels. For example, you can set contours and elevation labels to fade in and out based on camera distance. Or see specific major and minor contour intervals once you zoom in past a certain point. And display performance is greatly improved, regardless of the number of contours.
InfraWorks now supports parametric tunnel component parts and assemblies, allowing you to design tunnels in the context of your overall infrastructure project. For even further customization, you can design parametric tunnel sections in Inventor and import them into InfraWorks. And for more detailed design, you can send your parametric InfraWorks tunnels to Revit.
Detailed bridge design
InfraWorks road alignments and span end lines can now be transferred to an Autodesk Structural Bridge Design model, allowing a bridge designer or engineer to create a more detailed bridge model and perform refined analysis.
Consolidated road modeling
All the road modeling tools have been consolidated in this release of InfraWorks. Planning roads are for visualization of large networks and component roads are for preliminary engineering. When opening an InfraWorks model in this new release, all existing design roads will be automatically converted to component roads.
Dynamic integration with Revit
Changes to InfraWorks bridges can now be dynamically updated in Revit. When you modify a bridge in InfraWorks that you previously sent to Revit, you have the option of automatically updating the bridge in Revit to match your InfraWorks bridge. This avoids losing all the detailed design work you’ve done on the bridge in Revit!
Import InfraWorks roads as Civil 3D corridors
When you import component roads from InfraWorks to Civil 3D, they will automatically become corridors with surfaces and subassemblies. In fact, all InfraWorks design roads will be automatically converted to component roads—giving you the enhanced design capabilities that component roads offer while supporting more robust interoperability with Civil 3D.
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 64-bit Enterprise or Pro
- Windows® 8/8.1 64-bit Professional or Enterprise
- Windows® 7 64-bit Professional, Ultimate, or Enterprise edition (SP1)
- Type Dual-core Intel® Core™2 or equivalent AMD processor (Quad-core Intel® Core™ i7, 6-core Intel® Xeon®, or better processor highly recommended); to use the ray traced rendering functionality, CPU must support SSE 4.1
- 8 GB RAM minimum (16+ GB recommended)
- 1,280 x 720 or greater (1,440 x 900+ recommended)
- Any DirectX® 10.1 capable graphics card with 2 GB (or more) graphics memory, supporting 8x Antialiasing (8x AA), such as NVIDIA Quadro® 5000 or 6000 for desktops and NVIDIA Quadro 2000M or
- GeForce® GT 650M for laptops; (Any DirectX 10.1 capable graphics card with 1 GB graphics memory supporting 2x antialiasing (2x AA) minimum)
- 10 GB free disk space for installation (additional space required depends on data size)
- Microsoft-compliant mouse
- DVD or download file
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 11, Google Chrome™ (latest), or Firefox® (latest)
- Internet Internet connection for full online help and learning materials accessibility and Autodesk® Cloud services
Autodesk is not responsible for errors or failures of Autodesk software arising from the installation of updates, extensions or new releases issued by third party hardware or software vendors for the qualified software or hardware identified in this document (or for any other third party software or hardware that you may use in connection with Autodesk products).
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products. Take advantage of our free trial licenses, so you can see first-hand how our products can help you imagine, design and create a better world.Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +64 9 302 4028.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Single User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users
- Multi User: For medium to large organizations requiring many users
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists
Interoperable with Civil 3D
Explore conceptual designs in the real world context, and progress to detailed design.
Roundabout design with Civil 3D
Enhanced roundabout designs integrate InfraWorks into Civil 3D models.
Bridge design with Revit
Quickly take bridge projects from concept to detailed design and documentation.