iConstruct is a building information modeling (BIM) software for Autodesk® Navisworks®, suitable for a large range of industries worldwide. It utilises advanced features to improve project performance, and drive collaboration and efficiency across the project lifecycle by ensuring a high quality conditioned model.
Smart and Efficient Clash Management
Improve the eciency of a projects clash results with this easy-to-use tool, which works well with Navisworks Clash Detective to quickly isolate clashes in particular sections of a model by clash status and/or level. Clashes can also be sorted by clash count, so objects with the highest clash counts can be investigated ﬁrst.
- Clash Manager allows:
You to apply sorting rules and cleanup clash results data into more manageable tasks – all based on sorting properties. Managing duplicate clashes and/or clashes that should be grouped as one clash is made easy by using options such as Skip duplicate clashes and/or Proximity Group Field Tolerance. These unique features allow you to group clashes that are within a certain distance to each other.
- Customized Reports:
By using advanced report designer functionality, you can create yourown Custom Clash View Reportsto suit virtually any project stakeholder requirement, everythingfrom executive dashboard reports to detailed lists with clashing elements properties and visual location markers.
There are various tools in iConstruct which enhance the creation of a federated model.
The Integrator allows users to create the their own custom data tab within Navisworks.
A powerful tool that allows you to reorganize and group a models hierarchy optimizing the models selection tree for dierent stages. You can also export a cropped model based on section planes making the ﬁles more portable.
- Append Data:
The Append Data command is used to add, modify, or delete custom data to a selection within the model.
- Zone Tools:
Zone tools propagate data from zone geometry within your models on to objects that are either contained or partially contained within.
- Export Data:
Export Data feature allows users to export customized reports from data within your Navisworks models in various formats including excel, access and pdf (combining data, charts, images and tables).
DataLinker is a powerful tool that provides the ability to bring in related information from external data sources
and be displayed within the Navisworks model.
Audit is a very powerful tool to quickly create viewpoints and selection sets based on model properties and/or predetermined search criteria.
Automate recurring tasks using iConstruct
BIMFlow is a very powerful feature in iConstruct which automates the workﬂow for the creation of a federated model.
Using BIMFlow, users can design their own workﬂows and put their ideas into practice. The workﬂow created by BIMFlow includes many of iConstructs modules as well as Navisworks own features. Once the workﬂow is designed and run, it follows all the commands and features one by one and creates the model in unattended mode.
Status Visualization for project managers
iConstruct has two ways to create compelling visuals from your 3D model and data set.
The Audit function allows you to create customized colored viewpoints of any component, spool, module or assembly. Used to create an overall Status Viz viewpoint, and automatically generate isolated viewpoints based on any model properties.
The ColorCode tool, will read a variety of external data sources and color your model on predeﬁned rules, including SQL queries. When used with the View Report tool, you can quickly get pdf, excel, html and many other report formats.
Advanced Exporting Interoperability
iConstruct provides a number of tools to export Navisworks BIM models to IFC4, IFC2x3, DWFx and DWG ﬁle formats. The conversion of BIM models to these ﬁle formats has never been easier, and iConstruct has continued to improve the exporters to work seamlessly over the years.
- Smart IFC4 Exporter:
Smart IFC4 Exporter allows the user to export model geometry, item properties and material colors to the widely supported Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) format. This enables the ability to import Navisworks BIM data into other construction software packages with ease.
- Smart DWFx Exporter:
Smart DWFx Exporter is a tool which leverages the inbuilt Navisworks DWFx export function to create DWFx ﬁles from the Navisworks BIM model. It was originally intended for use with CostX ﬁrst preparing the models into a consistent format then exporting using the Smart DWFx Exporter tool in order to bring into CostX for estimation.
- Smart DWG Exporter:
Export mesh or solid intelligent DWGs directly from Navisworks with x-data, layer customization based on model data with retention of colors, groups and more. This allows you to import it with leading CAD software.
iConstruct BIM software is an advanced Building Information Modeling (BIM) solution that utilizes the collaboration and review technology provided by Autodesk Navisworks.
iConstruct enables the vast array of information stored in the latest generation of BIM models to be extracted, organized and used in an efficient and logical way. It allows project teams and consultants to manage design and construction information to suit various segments of the industry, from design engineers to construction managers, and integrate this intelligence into a single 3D model displayed in Navisworks.
By running on Navisworks, iConstruct interacts with the large majority of design software currently in use and has the ability to read a large number of different CAD formats. This enables its use by second and third parties, without the need to purchase expensive design software, while gaining access to the information stored within the design.
iConstruct’s powerful and advanced Building Information Modeling (BIM) technology is constantly evolving to deliver safety, environmental, cost and scheduling benefits. Utilising the collaboration and review technology of Autodesk® Navisworks®, iConstruct’s interoperability allows users to configure and manage a range of information from various design models (plus additional data) into a manageable, multi-user format.
A powerful and intuitive solution for clash coordination.
iConstruct Clash bundles some of our most popular clash management tools together into an efficient ribbon-based UI for a faster clash experience. Built on top of Navisworks® clash detection software, iConstruct Clash helps you to save valuable time with a set of essential clash features, by allowing you to quickly group and review clashes, as well as creating viewpoints with one simple click. This powerful and user-friendly software simplifies and streamlines clash detection and management.
iConstruct Clash Features
The super quick group feature helps you to save valuable time by grouping clashes using pre-set templates within projects and quickly prepare models for coordination.
This simple tool will save your team countless hours in clash management by allowing them to modify clash properties of the whole group instantly. Changing Status, assigning to or adding comments was never as easy as it is with the review tool.
Creating viewpoints has never been so easy. Select your viewpoints and place them in a user defined folder structure with one click.
iConstruct Clash integrates directly with Procore universal platform to connect your team by providing the ability to upload viewpoints directly in one centralised hub.
A powerful, scalable & integrated solution for Advanced Work Packaging
iConstruct is a powerful scalable solution for Advanced Work Packaging. With agnostic capabilities, iConstruct AWP aligns engineering, procurement, and construction to calculate the feasibility of installation work packages enabling effective creation. In addition, it has direct integration to business systems and BIM 360 providing a suitable solution for small to large capital projects, worldwide.
iConstruct Makes It Simpler
Better data hierarchies
Restructure raw engineering models into a CII AWP compliant model. ReConstruct reorganizes and groups a model’s hierarchy to align to a project’s different stages. It also improves file portability by exporting a cropped model based on section planes, properties, disciplines, or area.
Automate recurring tasks
BIMflow is a powerful feature in iConstruct that automates and schedules frequently used workflows. It maximizes productivity for all engineering projects and streamlines processes by effectively incorporating model updates and eliminates repetitive work.
Control Panels’ purpose is to build CII defined Advanced Work Packaging and Workface Planning from the field. Create and track any type of package, aggregate data from all departments supporting the AWP process, and manage constraints all in a single source. Create Gantt charts of scheduled IWP activities and push direct to Navisworks Timeliner.
Genus is an exciting extension to our core AWP solution, offering next-generation cloud integration. It enables seamless workflow between multiple planners to synchronise work packages from Control Panel, provides access to 3D models online, offers greater flexibility and easier integration with existing workforce planning solutions.
A complete bundle of features to manage and maintain projects from concept to completion.
iConstruct’s powerful and advanced Building Information Modeling (BIM) technology is constantly evolving to deliver safety, environmental, cost and scheduling benefits. Utilizing the collaboration and review technology of Autodesk® Navisworks®, iConstruct’s interoperability allows users to configure and manage a range of information from various design models (plus additional data) into a manageable, multi-user format. Using the standardised data within these models, iConstruct’s toolsets can extract information at any stage of the construction process. It can also be extracted and presented with a variety of customisable reporting tools, which means better communication and project accuracy.
iConstruct Pro Features
The Append Data command is used to add, modify, or delete custom data to a selection within the model, on the user defined tab.
Simplify the creation and saving of viewpoints based on model’s internal properties, allowing easy access to visualised representations of model data.
Automate and schedule frequently used iConstruct and Navisworks® routines. Powerful customisation and scripting allows tailor-made solution to be applied to your model processing workflow. Save time, money and resources by reducing repetitive work and allowing your BIM-Stars to shine in more critical areas.
BIM 360 Docs Search
The BIM 360 Docs Search allows you to open any project documentation from the BIM 360 web browser in the model viewer.
Center of Gravity
Calculate the center of gravity using your model’s data and geometry. This can be used in combination with the Dimension Tool to create quick lifting studies and COG reports.
Clash Manager is a drag and drop tool that makes using Clash Detective in Navisworks® more efficient by allowing grouping and sorting in ways that include proximity radius and zone data. The report designer allows you to view and distribute clash views with location markers and associated clash data.
Custom Clash Reports allow users to enhance the design review and coordination process through more effective communication of clash results data.
Visualise your models by applying colour codes based on external datasets or model properties. Automatic generation of selection sets makes reporting easier.
Create QA View
Comment generation or simply QA View helps users to create viewpoints in the model and use predefined descriptions as comments.
Using a unique ID, pull in data from any external data source (Excel, Access and SQL and any other ODBC) into the model to ensure your model data is always up to date and relevant to all parties.
Create dynamically dimensioned viewpoints and reporting – direct from your Navisworks® model.
- Dynamic Labeler: Create and dynamically adjust labels based on your model properties. List model properties for inclusion in view reports or saved viewpoints.
- Explode Tool: Get a new perspective on your model with the Explode Tool. Quickly display components in a dissected view with customisable degrees of separation.
- Export Data: Unleash the information in your model to excel, PDF, HTML and Access for flexible use. Use this data for MTO or further use.
- Find and Replace: Quickly fix incorrect data in your model’s properties using the find and replace tool. Templates can also be created and saved for frequent data adjustment and model standardisation.
- InfoBin: Quickly collate any documents related to the model with automated folder creation based on nominated model properties.
- Integrator: Integrator allows users to create their own custom data tabs within Navisworks® by taking data from one or more read-only data tabs.
- iView Exporter: Allows you to export a new. NWD model geometry and data contained in the existing view only, thus providing quick and powerful ability to break up your Navisworks model into smaller models.
- Laser Point Creator: Create, define and export Work Point Geometry in .csv format for accurate laser measuring and checking of workpoints during fabrication. Redefine fabrication working planes of assemblies allowing for simple transition of workshop datum measurements, to site co-ordinate systems and back.
- Macro Configuration: Used for loading an XAML file, created with BIMflow, into the iConstruct menu as a new command button.
- Math Calculations: Do fast calculations as you work on model data.This is easy to setup and customise to your specific needs.
- Model Compare: Model Compare tool allows for property comparison and determines if an object has changed based on a nominated ID.
- Model Compiler: Use our intuitive interface to simplify selection and loading of project models.
- Open File: Allows you to connect, open and compile documentation in any file format to specific model components.
- PhotoBin: Quickly organise site photos and documents with automated folder creation based on nominated model properties.
- QR Code Reader: QR Code Reader takes a final model further by allowing QR codes to be created, printed and placed around a site making it simple and quick to find the users location in the model.
- Quick Viewpoint: Ribbon based tool Quick Viewpoint creates viewpoints and place it in the folder based on the template settings by just one click.
- ReConstruct: A powerful tool which allows you to reorganise and group a model’s hierarchy to optimize the model’s selection tree. Export cropped models based on section planes or cuboid zones to make files portable.
- Revit Client: Push Navisworks® data back into your Revit model. Give the guys on site the upper hand when it comes to marking up and reporting as built status, design & construction issues or sending appended Navisworks® user data back into the native application.
- Room View Creator: Create In-room or Plan views for each room item with a selection set of rooms from a model.
- Select Similar: A fast and effective way to select items with similar properties. This highly customisable tool gives you unprecedented searching and matching ability within Navisworks®.
- Smart BCF Exchange: Enhance model reviews by converting Navisworks® comments and views into the industry standard Building Collaboration Format (BCF) for reading viewpoint location back into native modeling softwares.
- Smart DWG Exporter: Export mesh or solid intelligent DWG’s directly from Navisworks® with x-data. Layer customisation based on model data with retention of colours, groups and more. The BIM software for Autodesk® Navisworks® allows you to import or view it with leading CAD software.
- Smart IFC Exporter: Smart IFC Exporter allows the user to export model geometry, item properties and material colours to the widely supported Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) format.
- View Report: The powerful report designer engine allows you to combine model viewpoints with selected data in lists, charts and graphs to make material estimating and take-off (MTO) quicker and easier.
- Zone Tools: The Zone Tool uses intelligent bounding geometry to isolate intersecting and enclosed objects and stamp information to them. This is often used for allocating location-based information.
Essential tools for exporting federated models in different formats.
The iConstruct’s interoperability tools allow multiple software information systems to seamlessly exchange data. iConstruct Exporter provides several tools to export federated Navisworks BIM model in different formats. The conversion of BIM models to these file formats has never been easier, and iConstruct has continued to improve their exporters to work seamlessly over the years.
iConstruct Exporter Features
Smart IFC Exporter
Smart IFC Exporter allows the user to export model geometry, item properties and material colours to the widely supported Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) format.
Smart DWG Exporter
Export mesh or solid intelligent DWG’s directly from Navisworks® with x-data, layer customization based on model data with retention of colours, groups and more. The BIM software for Autodesk® Navisworks® allows you to import or view it with leading CAD software.
Smart BCF Exchange
Enhance model reviews by converting Navisworks® comments and views into the industry standard Building Collaboration Format (BCF) for reading viewpoint location back into native modeling software.