Woodwork for Inventor is a fully integrated application for Autodesk Inventor Professional, which solves problems specifically faced by woodworkers, making it the ideal CAD software for wood furniture design, cabinet design, and joinery design.
With the built in industry functionality and a specialist toolset, Woodwork for Inventor addresses the industry challenges faced by all in today’s market as clients are increasingly demanding more choice, customers are wanting to personalise the products they buy and industry strives to increase productivity, drive down manufacturing costs and improve bottom line profit margins.
If you design Kitchen Cabinets, Joinery, Millwork or Custom Furniture, Woodwork for Inventor can help enhance and improve your existing workflows and processes by helping you created your designs intuitively and flexibly whilst at the same time embedding the data required by your downstream manufacturing, procurement and CNC teams.
• You design complex furniture.
• Your designs are bespoke, or are customised from existing designs to suite your customer.
• Your design time tales up most of your production lead time.
• You require cutting tickets to include laminates, veneers and edge banding (Including trimming allowances and grain direction).
• You require a parts list for procurement.
• You require the generation of multiple CNC cut files for production.
• You need the flexibility to make late changes to your design, without causing huge amounts of re-work in the preparation of your design for manufacture.
The introduction of CAD and CAM has allowed Furniture Designers, Cabinet makers and Joiners to decrease their time to market for bespoke furniture designs. This has allowed manufacturers in the woodworking trades to increase their business value by broaching a new market. Instead of simply manufacturing a standard product line, a bespoke design service can be offered.
Design becomes the service customers are paying for. Manufacturing the end product becomes a given.
The introduction of 3D furniture design software has raised the bar. Now our customers have got used to the speed and flexibility of our design development process. Our customers’ expectations have increased. They want even more flexibility, and they don’t want to wait for their designs!
Woodwork for Inventor addresses these problems by building functionality directly on top of Autodesk Inventor’s parametric design engine allowing manufacturers add data to 3D CAD designs in an intuitive fashion, without losing the flexibility to change the design as our customer’s needs are revealed.
Woodwork for Inventor supports the automated production of downstream manufacturing information. Woodwork for Inventor includes an extensive library of fixings and materials required by the woodworking trades, along with automation tools for Cutting Ticket Creation and CNC toolpaths.